Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

Ordered my 2013 Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 07:14 PM
Hellbound
1st Gear Member

BTW I talked to Crown Ford... they said they would match and beat Lafeyette's Price, but I'd have to wait another 6-8 weeks for the car to be delivered..... I'm giving Lafeyette till tomorrow to fix the problem or I'm walking....
Old 04-02-2012, 07:15 PM
Hellbound
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jeffk
Hopefully both of you fare better than Darren did.

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77553
hey jeff, i have to register can you copy and paste what happened?
Old 04-03-2012, 07:28 AM
Grim
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hellbound
Quick question, does anyone know if the track apps (4.2 inch screen) is standard in 2013 or do you have to pay extra and how much is it? I searched google and couldn't come up with an answer
I've been searching for an answer to this for a while. There were a lot of conflicting answers...but now I have a pretty definitive one.

According to the ford.com site when you go to build a 2013 Mustang, you only get the 4.2" LCD screen when you purchase the premium V6 or premium GT. If you look under "See all standard features" when you're building the car, the base V6 and base GT both only show a 4 gauge cluster. The premiums have the 4 gauge cluster AND 4.2" LCD with track apps.

I also found a copy of the 1st printing of the 2013 owner's manual online, and it shows two different gauge clusters. So if you want the track apps, you have to go premium.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:02 AM
lpcard
4th Gear Member

Wow, lot of horror stories here. I got mine from Crossroads Ford in Wake Forest, I went in with the internet build sheet and said "Order it!" and the salesman (Jim) said "Hold on a minute, let's see what we can find..."

My car...the exact one I wanted, everything on my sheet and nothing left out, nothing extra...was in New Jersey, and they did a weeks worth of horse trading and got it for me in seven days. I couldn't be happier with them, if you are in north Raleigh I highly recommend you go in and talk to Jim.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:31 AM
Hellbound
1st Gear Member

well i won't be getting the mustang. The dealer totally ****ed me over. They said they couldn't add the stuff on my car and that they had someone interested in my car. I told them 30 out the door, they said no. They said they wanted to sale it for 33,300.00 the price I got with ALL (sensor, rear cam, 3.73, heated seats) on it!!! I said are you serious, your giving me only the rear cam and 3.73 and you still trying to sale it at the same price... bull ****! Do not do business with Layefette Ford in Fayetteville. They are horrible dealers...7 days out from getting my car and I have to deal with this bs
Old 04-03-2012, 11:30 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

Originally Posted by Hellbound
hey jeff, i have to register can you copy and paste what happened?
Condensed version
That's about the condition of the car they tried to sell me. I found dents above the rear wheel, the paint had HUGE runs in it under the hood and the scratch on the hood. Transmission was a rattle trap in any gear. Made horrible noises.

I left the car at the dealership and brought my old Tungsten back home. I'M BUMMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

My buddy who is the General Manager was appauled at the workmanship of the car! He was literally embarrased. The cast from Swamp People could have built a better Mustang with tinker toys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-03-2012, 11:31 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

Why not look at the 2012s? You could probably get a killer deal on one of them fully loaded.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:39 AM
Hellbound
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jeffk
Why not look at the 2012s? You could probably get a killer deal on one of them fully loaded.
I like the look of the 2013. I don't want to buy something id regret later on you know, I know if I bought a 2012 I'd regret not waiting for the 2013
Old 04-03-2012, 12:14 PM
SHOHORSE
5th Gear Member

Like I said...A truck load of BS. Get to another dealer and get that thing ordered again. After you order ask a Manager how to contact Ford to complain about the "Laugh at it" dealership. Knowing this the next dealership will probably try to aviod any mistakes.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:24 PM
Hellbound
1st Gear Member

yeah as soon as im off work im going to get my down payment back than head to a new dealer and order one