Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

What are you working on?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 09:31 PM
DK Pony
4th Gear Member

Still doing what I can with the Triumph.
Ran into a problem.
The fuel tank sits between the passenger compartment and the trunk. Sort of at the area where the top folds down into. This picture is of some accident damage to the floor under the fuel tank.
I checked all the measurements on the body and frame and hung the doors and checked door gaps. Everything seems fine so I can only guess that it was repaired except for removing the tank. I don't know if I will actually do anything about it or not. It isn't seen....ah..who am I kidding...I know its there so I will fix it.

And here is a picture of the other B pillar. Not as bad as the first one but it doesn't matter. I already have a replacement panel for both sides. It replaces the entire piece including the 3 captured fender mounting nuts.

This is one area I got lucky on with this car. The rocker panels are solid. They are completely hollow and have "Sill Caps" at each end. Here I removed one of the caps in prep for cutting out the B pillar panel and the insides of the rocker looks great. Just gotta get some POR 15 or something similar in there before I seal it all back up.

Of course I haven't forgotten about the Stangs.
Just ordered a set of Vogtland Springs for the GT. It's the same setup I had on the GT/CS, if anyone remembers that one.

Last edited by DK Pony; 02-12-2016 at 09:33 PM.
Old 02-12-2016, 10:08 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Yeah, you'll need a tune revision for headers or cams. It will be worth the wait.
Old 02-12-2016, 10:42 PM
cominus
5th Gear Member

Is there anyway to sorta tune for headers with an xcal 4 handheld?
Old 02-13-2016, 07:12 AM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Bama is usually the best temp route. Buy the v tuner and get their tune to get you to the shop. Though honestly Todd ran his with long tubes without a tune for a while. Got horrible gas mileage though. I would say you could drive down my way for the install but headers on a new edge are a biatch. I'd rather rebuild another transmission.

Dave check this stuff out for inside the rockers and elsewhere. Word of warning, it runs like butter on a hot roll.
http://www.eastwood.com/internal-fra...nozzle-qt.html
Old 02-13-2016, 07:32 AM
DK Pony
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by clowe1965
Dave check this stuff out for inside the rockers and elsewhere. Word of warning, it runs like butter on a hot roll.
Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks Crint
Old 02-13-2016, 10:51 AM
cominus
5th Gear Member

Bama is usually the best temp route. Buy the v tuner and get their tune to get you to the shop. Though honestly Todd ran his with long tubes without a tune for a while. Got horrible gas mileage though. I would say you could drive down my way for the install but headers on a new edge are a biatch. I'd rather rebuild another transmission.

How do you guys install headers? One of the shops i talked to said they dropped the k member and did it like that, i think fastlane might do the same idk didn't bother asking. Gas mileage isn't a big deal to me becuase honestly i drive a total of 4 miles a day and that's to fancy dfac down the street though there's one less than 100 yards. If i don't drive to the dfac ill literally never drive it.
Old 02-13-2016, 11:58 AM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

Threw a P2130 Throttle Position Switch Sensor F Circuit code last night. Any ideas? Thinking maybe it could possible relate to the speedo being off, but doubt it. Car seems to run fine, but had a couple of cold start ups, and took off without warming up properly.

Doesn't make sense, I only use one "throttle position" and that's to the floor.
Old 02-13-2016, 02:19 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cominus
How do you guys install headers? One of the shops i talked to said they dropped the k member and did it like that, i think fastlane might do the same idk didn't bother asking. Gas mileage isn't a big deal to me becuase honestly i drive a total of 4 miles a day and that's to fancy dfac down the street though there's one less than 100 yards. If i don't drive to the dfac ill literally never drive it.
You HAVE to drop the k member on a new edge. I've done 3 s197 without it but I couldn't even get the header in place on a new edge on the driver side.

We got the stock out and the passenger side on in about 5 hours with 2/3 guys. I then spent another 16 getting the driver side in. Depending on the brand (needs a split in the flange foe the dipstick tube) you may have to rebend the dipstick tube to fit. Screw that and buy a lokar flexible dipstick. Also you may have to get creative with the bolts on the headers so have a dremel ready. At least that's how the BBK headers were.

Gas mileage was 16 hwy....
Old 02-13-2016, 02:20 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Maybe a wire vibrated loose on that 180 mph dirt road run chris?
Old 02-13-2016, 02:30 PM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

Maybe a wire vibrated loose on that 180 mph dirt road run chris?
For the record, it was highway, lol. Maybe. I cleared the code and started it up, no code, so we shall see I guess. Too cold outside to do much today.

Quick Reply: What are you working on?