Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

What are you working on?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 08:14 AM
lpcard
4th Gear Member

While I have the bumper cover off to be repaired and painted (I'll be picking it up at noon, oh happy day!) I took a look at the windshield washer pump. I wasn't getting any pressure at the nozzles. So I bought a new pump and when I pulled the old one I expected a gusher of fluid.

That didn't happen.

So I pulled the grommet (oh, THERE'S the gush of fluid!) and found that it has a little plastic filter on it, and that filter was covered by slimy goop, like an algae growth. I didn't think algae would grow in windshield washer fluid, never had this happen before. Anyway, I scrubbed the goop off with Chris's toothbrush (just kidding, I have an old one I use for this sort of thing) and proper pressure has once again been restored.

Anyone need a windshield washer pump?
Old 05-09-2014, 11:35 AM
2014SGM

Thumbs up

I want to give a big thanks to Clint for helping install some parts last night that had been sitting around for about two and a half months. Also a big thanks to JJ for being available as a phone a friend when we ran into the unexpected problem of depinning the factory TB connector. For some reason Ford didn't make a plug n' play harness for their TB. Tune done by Jason with the new SCT X4.

I planned on taking pics during the install but ended up forgetting except for at the halfway point I snapped a picture. A few things we learned during the install: 1. It sucks trying to replace an intake manifold with a car that is hot from driving a half hour and it's 90 degrees outside; 2. Make sure when you are depressurizing the fuel system that you let it stall out more than five times. We unplugged the fuel pump and let it stall a few times (per Ford's recommendation) and when Clint unplugged the fuel rail got gas spraying everywhere.

Before:
Name:  IMAG01931_zps2fddb0cb.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  94.0 KB

Halfway:
Name:  IMAG02741_zps20d21e86.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  83.2 KB

After:
Name:  IMAG02771_zps7d85a644.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  77.4 KB

Last edited by 2014SGM; 05-09-2014 at 11:39 AM.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:40 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

Looks good man. I like the CF intake.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:43 AM
Widow Maker
5th Gear Member

Awesome job.... just looks badass!!!
Old 05-09-2014, 11:46 AM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Looks great guys...well done.

Yeah, the fuel system can get you. I usually stall it a few times and then crank it a few times. Still take my time when unplugging it with a few rags on hand.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:54 PM
SHOHORSE
5th Gear Member

Look at new SGM Steve getting all Bossy on us. That's such a cool mod.
Old 05-09-2014, 01:01 PM
rockhillgt
3rd Gear Member

Looks great. You coming out to the gastonia cruise in june 7th?

Originally Posted by 2014SGM
I want to give a big thanks to Clint for helping install some parts last night that had been sitting around for about two and a half months. Also a big thanks to JJ for being available as a phone a friend when we ran into the unexpected problem of depinning the factory TB connector. For some reason Ford didn't make a plug n' play harness for their TB. Tune done by Jason with the new SCT X4.

I planned on taking pics during the install but ended up forgetting except for at the halfway point I snapped a picture. A few things we learned during the install: 1. It sucks trying to replace an intake manifold with a car that is hot from driving a half hour and it's 90 degrees outside; 2. Make sure when you are depressurizing the fuel system that you let it stall out more than five times. We unplugged the fuel pump and let it stall a few times (per Ford's recommendation) and when Clint unplugged the fuel rail got gas spraying everywhere.

Before:

Halfway:

After:
Old 05-09-2014, 02:42 PM
2014SGM

Originally Posted by Jeffk
Looks good man. I like the CF intake.
Thanks! What is nice too is that it's larger than a typical CAI so it matches up to the bigger TB perfectly without the need for a reducer coupling.

Originally Posted by Sleeper_GT
Looks great guys...well done.

Yeah, the fuel system can get you. I usually stall it a few times and then crank it a few times. Still take my time when unplugging it with a few rags on hand.
I felt bad for Clint since he was the direct recipient of the fuel spray. Thankfully with it being hot enough the rags aired out pretty quick so the fumes weren't too terrible. I think we only had one rag ready, definitely needed more. With it all over our hands it sure did give dinner a unique flavor...

Originally Posted by SHOHORSE
Look at new SGM Steve getting all Bossy on us. That's such a cool mod.
Haha thanks. It will lead in nicely to a centri blower once I save up some money. I need to buy a house first though so it may be a while. I might have to call in reinforcements for that install.

Originally Posted by rockhillgt
Looks great. You coming out to the gastonia cruise in june 7th?
It depends on my work schedule. Right now the nuclear plant I work at is in a refueling outage so I am working nights six days a week and of course my day off is Tuesday when there is nothing going on. If things go according to the schedule though there is a chance I will be on a somewhat normal schedule by then in which case I will definitely be going.
Old 05-09-2014, 06:11 PM
kzonts
5th Gear Member

Nice job guys. Looks great too.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:13 PM
Gadgetech
2nd Gear Member

SGM, looks awesome!

What's the difference b/w the two tower braces?

Last edited by Gadgetech; 05-09-2014 at 08:58 PM.

Quick Reply: What are you working on?