Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

What are you working on?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 08:54 PM
Gadgetech
2nd Gear Member

Guess I'm going to be working on the hydraulics of my convertible top again...I found fluid leaking from under the car and it smelled kinda like transmission fluid. I hit the roof (no pun intended) b/c I thought "here we go, I get the SCT X4 to fix the speedo and I've screwed up something in the transmission." Once I came to my senses I realized the location of where the fluid fell on the ground didn't match up with where the transmission is. I had moved the car, which is when I discovered the leak, so I looked under the car where it was moved and sure enough there was stuff still dripping. I'm guessing the leak is from the lines or the "new" used pistons I bought a couple weeks ago. Guess buying used to save $90 didn't really save me much. Tomorrow will prove for sure what the issue is. Ironic, the last time I worked on the top it was raining and it will be raining tomorrow as well.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:50 PM
steel pony
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rockhillgt
Looks great. You coming out to the gastonia cruise in june 7th?
Originally Posted by 2014SGM
I want to give a big thanks to Clint for helping install some parts last night that had been sitting around for about two and a half months. Also a big thanks to JJ for being available as a phone a friend when we ran into the unexpected problem of depinning the factory TB connector. For some reason Ford didn't make a plug n' play harness for their TB. Tune done by Jason with the new SCT X4.

I planned on taking pics during the install but ended up forgetting except for at the halfway point I snapped a picture. A few things we learned during the install: 1. It sucks trying to replace an intake manifold with a car that is hot from driving a half hour and it's 90 degrees outside; 2. Make sure when you are depressurizing the fuel system that you let it stall out more than five times. We unplugged the fuel pump and let it stall a few times (per Ford's recommendation) and when Clint unplugged the fuel rail got gas spraying everywhere.

Before:

Halfway:

After:
Awesome work you two!

Originally Posted by Gadgetech
SGM, looks awesome!

What's the difference b/w the two tower braces?
oh...about a half inch or so. Just enough to give clearance for the boss manifold since the risers are a bit taller.
Old 05-10-2014, 03:41 AM
2014SGM

Originally Posted by Gadgetech
SGM, looks awesome!

What's the difference b/w the two tower braces?
Thanks! Like was said above the only difference is the height. The Boss manifold sits higher so the stock strut brace wouldn't clear it.
Old 05-10-2014, 03:06 PM
lpcard
4th Gear Member

Changed the oil, oil filter, air filter and cabin air filter today in preparation for our Iowa trip next weekend. I have to drive the car up on a pair of 2x6 boards to get the clearance to put a jack under it, so when I took it down off the jack stands I had Chris back it off the boards.

"Put it in reverse" I said, "and then just let off the brake." But when he did, he stomped down on the gas...and let me tell you, that car took off, tires squalling, like it had been shot from a cannon. Only as far as it took him to stand on the brake again, and then I chewed him out pretty good.

He was very careful when he pulled it back up into it's parking spot. No harm no foul, and it's a whole lot funnier now than it was when it happened.

I had visions of this:

but fortunately that didn't happen, and I think he's got a whole new respect for it.
Old 05-11-2014, 03:20 AM
Allupinya
2nd Gear Member

Getting the rear bumper painted on the boss, someone tagged it (not spray paint) with something, looks like from a bike pedal, was parked next to the walkway.

I might be keeping the car, just bought a set of 20 inch CF10 Forgestars in black graphite, I couldn't pass up the deal.
Old 05-11-2014, 07:10 AM
CYRUSGT

Headed to RPM in Garner to have a JLT cold air intake, a Magnaflow off-road Tru X X-pipe and HP Tuner dyno tune installed. Going to be a GOOD week! Will post #s soon!
Old 05-11-2014, 07:50 AM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Allupinya
Getting the rear bumper painted on the boss, someone tagged it (not spray paint) with something, looks like from a bike pedal, was parked next to the walkway.

I might be keeping the car, just bought a set of 20 inch CF10 Forgestars in black graphite, I couldn't pass up the deal.
That sucks and can't wait to see the wheels.

Originally Posted by CYRUSGT
Headed to RPM in Garner to have a JLT cold air intake, a Magnaflow off-road Tru X X-pipe and HP Tuner dyno tune installed. Going to be a GOOD week! Will post #s soon!
Right on
Old 05-11-2014, 08:19 AM
slipperman
1st Gear Member

My truck
"00 GMC Z71 1/2 ton.
Brake and fuel lines rusted. Need to replace ALL of them!
Bed removed. Wheel well liner out. Skid plates out. Front drive shaft out.
Ready to label and replace.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:26 AM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Sounds like you'll be busy for a bit....
Old 05-11-2014, 08:37 AM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

Larry, I don't let my kids behind the wheel of my car. They have their own to tear up!

Have had a bad spot in the guest bathroom for a while now, floor got soft and a little rotted under the linoleum. Didn't have time to tear out and replace it all, so I threw down a little laminate wood yesterday. Temporary, but better.

Quick Reply: What are you working on?