Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 02:22 PM
Grover_NC
3rd Gear Member

Good job Clark!
Old 06-22-2014, 02:27 PM
steel pony
4th Gear Member

FINALLY got around to ordering new lanyards for my hood pins.

The original Shelby ones are on the bottom, new on top.

installed:
Name:  IMG_20140622_114639_104_zpsa3404b12.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  38.0 KB

Name:  IMG_20140622_140135_766_zps54b6f16e.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  45.3 KB
Old 06-22-2014, 02:45 PM
Grover_NC
3rd Gear Member

I'm thinking of putting hood pins on mine. What keeps the lanyards from messing up the paint?
Old 06-22-2014, 02:59 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Not having them....LOL
Old 06-22-2014, 03:12 PM
steel pony
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Grover_NC
I'm thinking of putting hood pins on mine. What keeps the lanyards from messing up the paint?
I have a clear bra, so that helps immensely.
If you don't have a clear bra, then it's all a matter of proper routing and taking up the slack in the line. You can wrap them around the pin post and leave just enough lanyard to reach the cotter pin, thus giving you a non-moving (but adjustable) lanyard. The lanyard is very flexible, but doesn't crimp like a normal wire due to the plastic casing and the type of wire used.

Originally Posted by Sleeper_GT
Not having them....LOL
..or this...lol
Old 06-22-2014, 03:35 PM
Grover_NC
3rd Gear Member

Decided to remove the side window louvers today since the clear was coming off of them. I tried every cleaner I had to get the water spots off but nothing worked. So I waxed the windows with the Mcguire's and it removed them great. Looks a lot better without them I think.
Attached Thumbnails What are you working on?-20140622_162436.jpg  
Old 06-22-2014, 03:49 PM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

Looks good Chad.

Well, lets see.

Thursday I messed with my truck some trying to get it to start. No luck. So I decided that I was going to get the headers and stuff on the GT500. Mike came over to help. We workes on it until about 2 am when we realized that the oil dipstick was still lying on the bench. So we called it a night.

Got started back on it Saturday at about 10am and finished up around 2pm. Sounds pretty damned good.

Then we were going to meet Mike and Deb for dinner and Jens car was making this god awful noise up front...

So this morning I pulled the front wheels. The brake pads were toast. Maybe 2mm on all 4. So I had to run all over trying to find pads for it. Buddy like riding in the Stang too. Lol.

Got her car put back together and washed it.

Then i backed the GT500 out to wash it. There were a few hand prints on it plus it desperately need a coat of wax. So I washed it then put a coat of wax on it.

Then Mike came over with Debbys car which just got back from the bodyshop. Their "detailer" left swirls and dirt all in the finish so I broke out my buffer and ran over it with some Megs 105 / 205...

Then I wasted some more money throwing parts at the truck with no luck so I'm retired from cars for the day!!!

All that with a lovely summer cold too.
Old 06-22-2014, 04:25 PM
Shellback
4th Gear Member

If you run out of things to do come on down to Spartanburg.
Old 06-22-2014, 05:49 PM
Grover_NC
3rd Gear Member

I've had days like that too Jeff. While back I was replacing valve cover seals on the wife's xterra and lost a couple bolts down in the motor compartment somewhere. Had to order new ones from Nissan so I decided to work on my old ford and ended up breaking a nipple off the throttle body. Had to get a buddy to run me down to pull a part to find another throttlebody so I could make it to work the next day. I learned my lesson that day to never work on more than one vehicle at a time. lol
Old 06-22-2014, 06:16 PM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

Originally Posted by Shellback
If you run out of things to do come on down to Spartanburg.
I have retired for the weekend or I'd be on my way to ya. Lol

Originally Posted by Grover_NC
I've had days like that too Jeff. While back I was replacing valve cover seals on the wife's xterra and lost a couple bolts down in the motor compartment somewhere. Had to order new ones from Nissan so I decided to work on my old ford and ended up breaking a nipple off the throttle body. Had to get a buddy to run me down to pull a part to find another throttlebody so I could make it to work the next day. I learned my lesson that day to never work on more than one vehicle at a time. lol
Yeah, that's how it felt. The crappy part was the only one I "wanted" to work on was the guys Shelby. Lol

Quick Reply: What are you working on?