Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

What are you working on?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 08:41 AM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Right on Jeff.....Now, not only do I need to learn more about my new camera. I need to get out and use it to get pictures of our rides, but also get pictures of Jeff rock climbing....LOL
Old 08-13-2014, 10:01 AM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

No carpet=no bird $hit jeff. I've gotten so used to ours that when I see one with carpet I think wtf?

Glad you have some paint to shine, ours has so many rust spots and scrapes that it is pointless. You me and Dana can go screw up mustang alley at Lenoir sometime.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:20 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

Originally Posted by Sleeper_GT
Right on Jeff.....Now, not only do I need to learn more about my new camera. I need to get out and use it to get pictures of our rides, but also get pictures of Jeff rock climbing....LOL
I don't know that I'll be doing any rock crawling but I do plan on getting this thing muddy!

Originally Posted by clowe1965
No carpet=no bird $hit jeff. I've gotten so used to ours that when I see one with carpet I think wtf?

Glad you have some paint to shine, ours has so many rust spots and scrapes that it is pointless. You me and Dana can go screw up mustang alley at Lenoir sometime.
I was thinking of still taking it to the Lincolnton Cruise thing on the 23rd and parking with the Mustangs!
Old 08-13-2014, 07:07 PM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jeffk
I spent the night cleaning rusty chain marks and what i think was bird **** out of the carpet in the Jeep.

And I broke out the buffer, yes Alan, I compounded the entire Jeep and then put a coat of Blackfire Wet Diamond on it. I didn't go for 100% correction because, well, that would be stupid but it definitely shines now and you can actually see that the paint has a pearlesence to it. It is called Red Chili Pepper pearl after all.

I also ripped out some interest stereo wiring and repainted the console that at one point was Tan aka Spice colored but was spray painted black long ago.
A detail obsessed guy in the mud. I love it. Can't wait to see how that works out.
Old 08-13-2014, 08:18 PM
bravobravo
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by alan0614
A detail obsessed guy in the mud. I love it. Can't wait to see how that works out.
mud aint hard to clean off when its fresh.

unless your under the jeep. ten minutes of fun equals ten years of dirt falling on your face every time your under the thing.

i was (ok still am) a jeep guy for years and scratches (aka character) will happen off road.
trees tend to move and jump out at you from nowhere.
Old 08-13-2014, 08:44 PM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Ok so the first family cruise in the Jeep was a miserable failure. About 6:30 I said to Jen...hey let's take ride in the Jeep. Went to her parents house, shut the Jeep off and heard the telltale sound of coolant spraying everywhere. The newish radiator that the previous owner had installed decided to let loose. $200 and one really look cruise later. We're home.
Old 08-13-2014, 09:07 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Hey could have been worse....like in a parking lot full of Mustangs and tourist lol. Glad it's all together. $200? Sheesh. I didn't think they would be that expensive. I'll slowly phase all the necessary parts in for the stroker, beefed up radiator, new u joints and rebuild the differentials, banks header, beefed up axles. Then when the engine pops I'll have a solid excuse.
Old 08-13-2014, 09:11 PM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jeffk
I don't know that I'll be doing any rock crawling but I do plan on getting this thing muddy!
Did you say MUD?!

Name:  ZMagTNpl.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  101.9 KB

I know a thing or two about taking those shots! Haha
Old 08-13-2014, 09:24 PM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by clowe1965
Hey could have been worse....like in a parking lot full of Mustangs and tourist lol. Glad it's all together. $200? Sheesh. I didn't think they would be that expensive. I'll slowly phase all the necessary parts in for the stroker, beefed up radiator, new u joints and rebuild the differentials, banks header, beefed up axles. Then when the engine pops I'll have a solid excuse.
The radiator itself was $130, 2 gallons of coolant and some new hose clamps ended up at $170+/-
Old 08-13-2014, 09:26 PM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AJ06GT
Did you say MUD?!

I know a thing or two about taking those shots! Haha
Damn that looks like fun!!!

Plus I figure that waxing the thing will make it easier to get the mud off.

Quick Reply: What are you working on?