Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

What are you working on?

Old 09-09-2014, 09:06 AM
SHOHORSE
5th Gear Member

Thanks for the video Chris. Still hard for this Carolina boy to wrap his head around that much flat real estate. I've been to Texas and Oklahoma where there is at least a mound of dirt here and there. The Deere is amazing, what a cool office.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:12 AM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SHOHORSE
Thanks for the video Chris. Still hard for this Carolina boy to wrap his head around that much flat real estate. I've been to Texas and Oklahoma where there is at least a mound of dirt here and there. The Deere is amazing, what a cool office.
It is really pretty astounding to think about the technology that has gone into it. But the price is pretty astounding too.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:31 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CPTCO
Got bored, so I shot a video for you guys. Sorry my tractor is I dirty, but it's been in the field. This is me planting wheat in a John Deere 9410R with an air seeder. Notice I'm not using the steering wheel.

Right on......
Old 09-09-2014, 04:30 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Look out for pictures come Friday.........I'll be doing a suspension, GT500 wing, and a CAI w/ Tune install. I'm helping out order_66.
Old 09-09-2014, 06:56 PM
Fordlover4ever

For all you S197 Lovers... Im here for you Finally after soo many years of people asking me to make street version!

We've built the Formula Drift Angle used on Vaughn Gittin Jr and JTP(Justin Pawlak) Mustangs...

NEW RELEASE!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/151406533374...84.m1555.l2649
Old 09-09-2014, 07:10 PM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

Took the wife to test drive a Mini yesterday. It was surprisingly roomy and had decent pickup. Was even the right color. Thing was $11200 though, with hail damage and a VERY suspect tranny. Jerked the whole car when shifting up or down (was an auto).

The kid trying to sell me is like "if we fix a couple of dents is it worth $11000 to you?" I told him if he got the transmission sorted it was worth 7. And I almost think that's too high.

How did something as pure and wonderful as car shopping turn into such a bad experience?
Greed and dishonesty...ruin the entire joy of car shopping.

Originally Posted by Sleeper_GT
Jeff has some stories as well......
Yeah, I have that awesome luck...

Got bored, so I shot a video for you guys. Sorry my tractor is I dirty, but it's been in the field. This is me planting wheat in a John Deere 9410R with an air seeder. Notice I'm not using the steering wheel.

I'd be asleep in minutes. That is one helluva machine though. Wow. I can see Alan now out there detailing his tractor after every run. HAHA!

This is some of the farm land I drove through this week.

Thought I got better pics of the farms... hard to do while cruising along at a rate just a bit above the speed limit.

Originally Posted by clowe1965
I've got a friend with a 93 prelude v tech he doesn't need....nothing super pretty but mechanically sound. Not sure on miles, think 150-170k.
I had a non v-tech 93 Prelude, I loved that car. Except when the timing belt broke...that sucked *****.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:18 PM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

I left on Saturday morning to drive up to see my Grandmother for her 87th Birthday. I got to my dads house at about 4:30 Saturday afternoon.

His 99 Grand cherokee has been broke for about a month so of course I had to get my hands in that one. i changed the upstream O2 Sensors and the Cam position sensor. I'm so glad that I don't live in the rust belt anymore. Everything under that truck that isn't covered in a nice 1/4" coat of oil is rusted, the control arms, the oil pan, exhaust...you name it. We never did get it running. I think he had it towed to the Jeep dealer today after I left.

Then on Monday we started working on his hot tub. it sat outside with water in it one winter about 3 years ago and then they drained it so it's been sitting outside for 2 years with no water in it. Things are broken from freezing up and broken from dry rot so we spent an entire day under there with the snake skins and spiders trying to pinpoint all the leaks. He had to order all the parts online so I left him with the thing all torn apart.

i felt bad leaving this morning and having not really accomplished anything.

I came home to an early B-day present from Jen though..

And I saw this on the way home this morning...

Looks a lot better in pic than it was. The front end was mostly missing and the rear wheel-wells were rotted out.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:40 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Sounds like you were pretty busy........

Nice frick'n ride

Nice frick'n jack
Old 09-09-2014, 08:38 PM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

Boy Jeff, not sure I'd wanna farm around all those trees, lol.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:54 PM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sleeper_GT
Sounds like you were pretty busy........

Nice frick'n ride

Nice frick'n jack
Yeah I need a vacation from my vacation. I'm off tomorrow too so i can catch my breath. Lol.

I love the jack. 23" of lift! Need it for the Jeep.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What are you working on?