Old 09-15-2014, 07:17 AM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Can you feel anything or just noise?
Old 09-15-2014, 07:18 AM
Tribefan
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by rockhillgt
Will the CG detailing spray work on vinyl? Don't want to mess up my stripes.
Man, I'm really close to pulling the trigger on some stripes but I never gave any thought to what cleaning products can safely be used on the stripes.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:21 AM
rockhillgt
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tribefan
It's not a very nice picture and the car is rather filthy here, but it's all I've got at the moment:

I didn't get a chance to give it a good wash over the weekend.
You're right...terrible pic...lol. Looking good. When your wheels supposed to be here?
Old 09-15-2014, 07:22 AM
rockhillgt
3rd Gear Member

So far I've used meguires wash & wax on it and it works fine and I have used Nick's Detailing spray and also Chadwick's triple play with no problems. I try to find out before I get anything to make sure.

Man, I'm really close to pulling the trigger on some stripes but I never gave any thought to what cleaning products can safely be used on the stripes.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:26 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

It's not a very nice picture and the car is rather filthy here, but it's all I've got at the moment:

I didn't get a chance to give it a good wash over the weekend.
Nice looking car. I had the SR springs on my 2000GT and I was very happy with them.

Originally Posted by alan0614
Can you feel anything or just noise?
Can't feel anything, even through the shift handle. Doesn't jerk the Jeep or anything.
Old 09-15-2014, 08:06 AM
Tribefan
2nd Gear Member

You're right...terrible pic...lol. Looking good. When your wheels supposed to be here?
Well, 3 of the wheels showed up on Thursday. The 4th one is MIA. The last tracking activity through UPS had it in Greensboro on the 10th. But somehow it disappeared and didn't show up with the others on the 11th. UPS is "investigating" it and told me to allow up to 8 days. I'm not too happy, but it's not American Muscle's fault. UPS are the ones who lost it.
Old 09-15-2014, 08:07 AM
Tribefan
2nd Gear Member

So far I've used meguires wash & wax on it and it works fine and I have used Nick's Detailing spray and also Chadwick's triple play with no problems. I try to find out before I get anything to make sure.
I see. Is Chadwick's that waterless car wash stuff? If so, what are your thoughts on it? Does it really do a good job?
Old 09-15-2014, 08:27 AM
rockhillgt
3rd Gear Member

yes it's the waterless stuff. However, I have found it to do the same as any wash/detail job and I am only going to use it solely as a detailer. IMO, it is an amazing detailer and worth it since it will last a while as that. For a waterless wash...I mean it does the job but uses too much for me to use it as that. I'll stick with wash/dry then detailing it afterwards.
Old 09-15-2014, 08:30 AM
lpcard
4th Gear Member

$300 worth of bearings and seals for the Scooby transmission, plus another $150 for strut mounts that I foolishly didn't have on hand to replace when we did the struts, so that will mean another $70 trip to the alignment rack...add that to the $820 I paid last month to have wheel bearings installed (I should have just gotten a press instead, it would have been cheaper) and the $150 in drive shafts and the $50 in ball joints and the $150 in struts...

Of course the truly painful thing is, all it really needed was the struts to cure the clunking in the front end...but the ball joint and drive axle boots were torn, so they needed replacement. I sure didn't need the wheel bearings though, so that was $$$ down the

This should take care of all of its ills, and then I'm going to drive this thing until it falls apart underneath me. It shouldn't need anything major for at least another 30K miles, and that's when I'll have to put another timing belt on it.

I will say in its defense that this little trucklet doesn't need a lot of repairs...but when it does need them...

I'm going to stop complaining now.

Last edited by lpcard; 09-15-2014 at 08:32 AM.
Old 09-15-2014, 08:41 AM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

How many miles are you up to Larry?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What are you working on?