Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

What are you working on?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 08:44 PM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

800 miles. Man the stink had to be awful.

Radiator back in the truck. All is well. Took a while to get the hood back on and lined up. Now for some "body work" in it. Liquid nails sticks to a fiberglass hood really well...
Old 10-27-2014, 09:58 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by lpcard
Oh no. The trucklet would be too easy.

Clint, the thing about Subaru is they don't break often, take a gander at the import section of your local junkyard and you won't see many that aren't smashed all to hell. The problem with them is they are expensive to fix when they do need it. Of course this last round, especially with the front end work, was all self-inflicted pain since it was the center drive causing all my problems all along. The newer Scoobys have a completely different system IIRC.

Yeah but I'd be getting an older one to tinker with lol. I just like too many types of cars. Almost done with the jeep bumper, I hope to do final welding tomorrow, then some paint.

Originally Posted by bravobravo
well i didnt work on it but i did help make fun of the guy.

no pics but a 2014 camaro ss 1le (think zl1 but no supercharger or magnetic shocks) came in with 800 miles and no clutch.

i know this is a mustang forum but damn if youre gonna get three pedal car learn how to use them.
I wonder if he tried to do a burnout like that corvette guy who roasted his clutch while mashing on the brake pedal...or he has one hell of a hill on his driveway.
Old 10-30-2014, 06:41 PM
Grover_NC
3rd Gear Member

Went down to see Ronald at the body shop this evening and got that broken rear bumper bracket replaced. While I was there he touched up a paint chip and gave me some extra paint incase I get some more chips. He also put the trim pieces back in the trunk that I just got in from Ford today without me asking. Those guys are really great guys and do quality work. Very glad Dana recommended them to fix up my car. Couldn't be happier with how it turned out. Now its finally all back together in better shape than when it left the dealership.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:57 PM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

That's awesome Chad, It's always great to find a shop that actually gives a ****.

I rotated the tires on the Jeep tonight trying to figure out this damned vibration. Then I diconnected the driveshaft from the tail of the transfer case to recheck the torque on the yoke nut. I discovered that there might be 2 reasons for my vibration. One is that the custom shaft I bought has these neat little arrow stickers on the 2 halves. When I first opened the box and went to pull the shaft out it came apart. I never noticed the stickers so I just slid it back together and installed it. I would assume that if those 2 arrows weren't aligned then the balance of the shshaft was off. Second, the joint at the front of the shaft seems to have some crunchiness to it when manipulated
I reinstalled it with the arrows aligned. Hopefully that solves this ongoing battle.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:00 PM
Grover_NC
3rd Gear Member

Yeah Jeff I think if I had my new panhard bar with me they would have put that in for me too. lol
Old 10-30-2014, 09:16 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Glad they are taking care of you Chad and I hope that fixes the issues Jeff.
Old 10-31-2014, 07:57 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

Drove to work today a happy guy, most of the vibration is gone! I'm still going to contact the driveshaft shop to see about having them rebuild the front joint.
Old 10-31-2014, 08:18 AM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jeffk
Drove to work today a happy guy, most of the vibration is gone! I'm still going to contact the driveshaft shop to see about having them rebuild the front joint.
Right on....Glad it's better. I would think they would do that....
Old 10-31-2014, 08:36 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Working on my Father's Day present.....Shelby GT350.

Old 11-01-2014, 01:17 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Jj you need one of those scale model v8 engines to put in it.

Quick Reply: What are you working on?