Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 10:48 PM
Shellback
4th Gear Member

Looking good . . . .
Old 06-13-2015, 09:45 PM
DK Pony
4th Gear Member

OK so I have been working on a long term build list for my GT.
Most are simple mods...springs, dampers, etc.
The big one is my choice of superchargers.
I would like to see 575/575 (hp/torque) and want it to be there at lower rpms.
So which SC would be the best choice for what I want?

Last edited by DK Pony; 06-13-2015 at 09:50 PM.
Old 06-14-2015, 10:41 AM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by DK Pony
OK so I have been working on a long term build list for my GT.
Most are simple mods...springs, dampers, etc.
The big one is my choice of superchargers.
I would like to see 575/575 (hp/torque) and want it to be there at lower rpms.
So which SC would be the best choice for what I want?
TVS Superchargers have better Torque over the Whipple and they are also very efficient. A basic Roush/VMP SC setup will put you at those numbers. If you want the power and torque right away you will not want a centrifugal SC. The first setup I had on the 12 was a Roush SC, 82mm pulley, 47# injectors and a Boost-A-Pump. At the time I had a Lund tune and it made 616/544.
EDIT: If you go with a phase 3 setup by adding ID1000s injectors you will be around the 640 HP numbers. You could also go with a stage 1 setup by dropping the BAP and using the stock 85mm pulley and be in the mid to high 500's. the 85mm pulley is about 6 psi while the 82mm pulley is 10 psi.

Last edited by Sleeper_GT; 06-14-2015 at 10:44 AM.
Old 06-14-2015, 12:57 PM
DK Pony
4th Gear Member

I am looking for a good streetable setup. I've heard that bad things happen over time when you get over 600 hp. I still want to be able to put 100k miles on the car.. I just want to have a little more fun getting there.
I've got a 3:55 gear and considered the 3:73 but I think I will just stick with what I've got.
You mentioned numbers of 616/544...i would like to see better torque numbers than that.

Last edited by DK Pony; 06-14-2015 at 01:00 PM.
Old 06-14-2015, 02:58 PM
Zodiac
5th Gear Member

I am looking for a good streetable setup. I've heard that bad things happen over time when you get over 600 hp. I still want to be able to put 100k miles on the car.. I just want to have a little more fun getting there.
I've got a 3:55 gear and considered the 3:73 but I think I will just stick with what I've got.
You mentioned numbers of 616/544...i would like to see better torque numbers than that.
If you are going to supercharge your car, definitely don't get the 3.73's. The 3.55's will be much better for traction.

Also installed new black 5.0 badges on the car. No pictures because it's brutal outside and after sweating as much as I did, I said forget about it lol.
Old 06-14-2015, 03:22 PM
bravobravo
1st Gear Member

spent 2 hours installing a sat radio(onyx plus) in the stang spent most of the time deciding how i wanted to rout the wires.
Old 06-14-2015, 04:12 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

You would not believe how easy/streetable my car was. Even my 13 at 652/530. That's the great thing about PD (Positive Displacement) blowers, they are very streetable. It's like any other daily driver until you floor it. No bad things happen when you are over 600 HP, unless you are in the supercharger ever time you push the peddle.
Definitely do not go 3.73s with the supercharger. The last thing I did was an axle swap with Clint to go from 3.73s back to 3.31s. You will be better off sticking with the 3.31s.
I don't know what to tell you about the torque. Every car is different. I think I made less torque on the 13 because I had LTs. LTs are good for higher horse power with a loss of some torque.
Old 06-14-2015, 06:22 PM
DK Pony
4th Gear Member

I'm thinking keeping with the stock headers and getting an H pipe with resonator delete and a good set of axlebacks will help some keeping the torque up. I can remove the cats in TN but don't really want that raspy sound.
Thanks for the info. I need to keep doing my research to decide exactly what I want to do.
It will be a ways down the road before I do it anyway. But I want to be sure of getting exactly what I want when it's time.
Old 06-15-2015, 06:38 AM
Allupinya
2nd Gear Member

I wont repeat what JJ said but dependability has a lot to do with the tune and how you drive and take care of the car. The thing I like about the Roush/ VMP and Whipple setups is the low maintenance that comes with them. Turbos net you more power and torque but require a bit more work and upkeep.

The new 2.9 whipple is going to be a beast of a blower for these coyote engines but in all honesty, every blower does very well on this platform. But, I like the OEM like quality of Roush/ VMP and Whipple.
Old 06-15-2015, 06:53 AM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bravobravo
spent 2 hours installing a sat radio(onyx plus) in the stang spent most of the time deciding how i wanted to rout the wires.
Routing wires is always the one thing that adds the most time. I'm the same way, want it to look clean.

Quick Reply: What are you working on?