Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

What are you working on?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 07:12 AM
lpcard
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by DK Pony
If I have to use it I will deal with the company and their consequences.
Carried by six or judged by twelve, concealed is concealed and what they don't know won't hurt you.

Where I work has one of those big signs, too, so I would NEVER carry to work and leave it locked in the car...
Old 08-05-2015, 06:34 AM
88-347stroker
3rd Gear Member

Well the hunt for a rs3 has come to an end ,kims 2014 impala which we wanted to trade in will only bring 20000 on trade leaving a 12000 difference in what is owed on car ,unless I can find someone to buy the car and take small hit I am going to start over in the spring
Old 08-05-2015, 07:08 AM
Gadgetech
2nd Gear Member

Default What are you working on?

Originally Posted by lpcard
Where I work has one of those big signs, too, so I would NEVER carry to work and leave it locked in the car...
We have a sign at work about no weapons allowed, etc. In SC, there's a law that very specifically designates what a "no concealed weapons sign" must be to hold up legally and ours doesn't even attempt to match that. One of the IT guys told one of the HR guys that the sign doesn't legally meet the sign requirements for concealed carry. The HR guy responded with something to the effect that it wasn't a mistake the sign was made the way it was. LOL

Last edited by Gadgetech; 08-05-2015 at 11:03 AM.
Old 08-05-2015, 09:40 AM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Gadgetech
We have a sign at work about no weapons allowed, etc. In SC, there's a law that very specifically designates what a "no concealed weapons sign" must be to hold up legally and ours doesn't even attempt to match that. One of the IT guys told one of the HR guys that the sign doesn't legally meat the sign requirements for concealed carry. The HR guy responded with something to the effect that it wasn't a mistake the sign was made the way it was. NoLOL
That's hilarious!

Sorry Dan, kinda ridiculous the difference depreciation can make.
Old 08-05-2015, 01:20 PM
bravobravo
1st Gear Member

I carry my glock 19 usually and I really like the size. I also have a full size 45 1911 that I'll occasionally carry and I don't recommend it for conceal but it's more my range favorite.
Old 08-06-2015, 10:38 PM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

Well to complicate matters, we stopped in at a Sportsmans Warehouse tonight. I was checking out a Kimber with laser sight grip. I liked it so much...$1499 though. So I bought a Crimson Trace grip for my 1911 instead.
Old 08-07-2015, 06:40 AM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Nice grips.........Kimber's are sweet, but they will cost you.
Old 08-07-2015, 06:47 AM
Tribefan
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 88-347stroker
Well the hunt for a rs3 has come to an end ,kims 2014 impala which we wanted to trade in will only bring 20000 on trade leaving a 12000 difference in what is owed on car ,unless I can find someone to buy the car and take small hit I am going to start over in the spring
My cousin just bought Lyle's old Stage 3 at Tondol. His truck that he wanted to trade in they were only offering $12.5k for. He just sold it yesterday for $16.7k after posting it on Craigslist on Monday. Definitely worth trying to sell it privately if you can. I've only ever once gotten what I felt was a fair deal on a trade in and that was when I traded in my 2012 Wrangler Unlimited in towards my Mustang last year.
Old 08-07-2015, 07:21 AM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Wow, a $4k difference is pretty cool. Glad he got is sold quickly. Is he still grinning ear to ear with his new ride?
Old 08-07-2015, 07:46 AM
Tribefan
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by alan0614
Wow, a $4k difference is pretty cool. Glad he got is sold quickly. Is he still grinning ear to ear with his new ride?
He would be, if he could drive it. The brake rotors on the car we're in bad shape. They were worn pretty thin and he didn't feel safe driving on them. The front rotors USED to be slotted but the there are only faint traces of the slots left that's how worn they are. (In our opinion the car should have not been sold with the brakes like that.) He originally ordered some StopTech slotted rotors all around and some Hawk HP 5.0 pads. Well, it turns out that the Roush calipers can't use the rotors for the Brembo cars even though both are 14" so he had to send back his front rotors and pads to American Muscle and has been waiting a week now for Tindol to get the overpriced ($360 PER ROTOR) Roush rotors in. Combined with the pads he's in for over $800 just for the FRONT brake pads and rotors! So his car has been sitting on jack stands for a week now because he didn't feel safe driving on the rotors that were on it. He's REALLY hoping the parts are in by today so he can drive the car this weekend. He loves the car and it's killing him that he can't drive it this past week.

The only good thing about this is that we were able to repaint his calipers to match his stripes since the original red paint not only clashed but it was in bad shape. We also painted the "Roush" insert in the spokes. We figured out the color of the stripes was a Sherwin Williams color called Luminescent Lime Metallic but G2 can only match automotive paint codes, nothing else. So I browsed G2's available custom matched colors and discovered that the Chrysler color "Green With Envy Metallic" was a near perfect match so that's what he ordered. He's thrilled with the results. Now he just needs to locate some high temp "Roush" decals to put on the calipers.

Attached Thumbnails What are you working on?-photo560.jpg   What are you working on?-photo575.jpg   What are you working on?-photo22.jpg  

Last edited by Tribefan; 08-07-2015 at 08:17 AM.

Quick Reply: What are you working on?