Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

What are you working on?

Old 08-25-2015, 12:41 PM
Tribefan
2nd Gear Member

Default What are you working on?

Originally Posted by Tribefan
Yeah, the hits keep on coming. First, yesterday after he calls to see if the brake parts are in, he's told they are, but there was a 1-piece option he could have gone with for $225 each instead of the $360 2-piece rotors. He specifically asked when he called if there was any other option to go with for the rotors other than the two piece ones. He was told no. He was so irritated with the condition of the brakes and having to wait a week for the parts that he said he was just going to take the two piece ones that came in because the one piece rotors had to be ordered if he wanted them and based on how getting the other parts in went, he'd probably be waiting another week to be able to drive his car. What I can't figure out is how does one of the largest Roush dealers not have something so simple as brake pads and rotors in stock at all times?

Anyways, he gets the front parts on this morning and when he goes to do the rear brakes, he finds out that one of the calipers is so rusted that the piston can't be pushed back in with the tool than screws the piston back in. So now, he's on his way to Crossroads Ford to (hopefully) pick up a new caliper. But the real b!tch of it is he'd have to buy another $100 G2 caliper paint kit to paint the new caliper to match the others. To say that's been upset with how things have gone since taking delivery of the car would be a major understatement. But hopefully he'll be able to get everything resolved today and be able to finally drive the car for the first time in about 10 days.
UPDATE:

I'm happy to say that after sending an unreceived email to Natalie Tindol, Ryan mailed her a hard copy of his email. A few minutes ago he got off the phone with Natalie and Lyle and they are going to completely reimburse him for all the money he spent on his brakes, which was over $1000, and they were very apologetic. They said that the car was apparently never inspected before putting it on the lot. That explains a lot. It's a shame he had to deal with all of that mess, especially when he was so excited to get that car, but the more important thing is that Tindol made everything right in the end.
Old 08-25-2015, 02:40 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by alan0614
We heard the same silliness from JJ, didn't last too long. I think he actually used the word budget maybe. All the same, just words.
Wasn't it $200 a month? Quickly turned into 200 mods/month.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:29 PM
Zodiac
5th Gear Member

Awesome news, glad they are covering the brakes!
Old 08-25-2015, 08:30 PM
Zodiac
5th Gear Member

Just ordered a set of wheels, now to get tires and go from there!
Old 08-25-2015, 08:48 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Sweet...
Old 08-25-2015, 09:24 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Finally got the last bearing off the transmission shaft...sometimes cheap is a good thing, I'll eventually get a bearing splitter but in the mean time these shenanigans will have to suffice.
Have to buy $170 in parts plus a $200 rebuild kit. Could have come out cheaper on craigslist but who knows what condition it would be in.

Old 08-28-2015, 01:51 PM
Tribefan
2nd Gear Member

Got my Koni STR.Ts and GT500 strut mounts on this week. A lot of the clunk/rattle I was hearing is now gone but there's still a slight clunk. May replace the sway bar end links since that seems to be the second most likely cause of front end clunk. I can't stand noises and rattles in my cars, especially ones that are only a year and a half old.
Old 08-31-2015, 09:37 AM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Have you tried tightening the sway bar links?

Shifted Joe's jeep engine back this weekend. Whoever swapped the 4 cyl out for the 6 cyl decided they'd be cheap and reuse the stock 4 cyl driveshafts. Well they are different lengths and as such they required the engine to be about 2" further foward than it should have been, plus it still wasn't quite right and stretched the slip yokes/joints on the driveshafts. So we jacked up the engine and transmission and welded some extension plates on and moved it back. This relieved stress on the rear driveshaft but he'll have to get a stock i6 front shaft to have 4x4 again. Cheaper than custom shafts! Plus his shifter doesn't hit the console/floor board anymore.

Also managed to get some slag caught down my sleeve.....lots of cussing ensued.

Old 08-31-2015, 11:18 AM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

First day of planting wheat...
Old 08-31-2015, 11:51 AM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Already? When did you harvest the last batch? Doing the red Russian or whatever it was again?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What are you working on?