Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

What are you working on?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 11:00 PM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by clowe1965
Wait what? You just got that f150!
I like it so much I think I might get another!
Old 01-30-2016, 04:52 AM
lpcard
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by clowe1965
Yeah but then you have to keep it and store it somewhere and if it breaks you're out $20. Did that route with a spring compressor, 4 jobs in and the threads galled. Thankfully it was on the decompression stroke with the strut mount in place so I wasn't gridlocked.
Keeping a tool is more a feature than a bug.

Point of interest...Advance Auto does not have and cannot order calipers or hoses for the front of a 2011 Mustang GT without Brembos (even though it is on their website), but AutoZone can. The Scoobytruck went well (disk brakes but drum parking brakes, glad the parking brakes were good but they need adjusted) so today when it warms up I'll get into the Mustang.
Old 01-31-2016, 05:47 AM
lpcard
4th Gear Member

Brake job on all 4 corners on the pony today. They started making noise, as I said, so the left front got a hose and caliper as well.

Odd thing about the rear calipers, I went and bought the tool to do the calipers complete with two compressing tools; one that goes left and one that goes right. I thought that the left one would be needed for the left side brake...but it was the right compressor on both.

On closer inspection the parking brake cable on the right side comes in from the top and on the left side it comes in on the bottom. I guess this makes the pistons interchangeable, but whatever the reason is it kinda threw me for a bit.

Hopefully the front pads will last more than 3 months this time (replaced a sticking caliper on the left front as well), but I will have to keep an eye on the left rear because the outside pad was thinner than the inside pad. Always something I guess.

The Scoobytruck also has new rear brake pads and rotors, but on the Scooby the parking brakes are drums inside the disk brake rotors. I've seen it before but I didn't realize Subaru did this, I guess I should have since when I got the parts they asked me if I needed pads or shoes. Now I need to adjust the parking brake on it...next weekend maybe.

Tomorrow is supposed to be in the mid 60's so I just may have to put the top down and cruise into work instead of taking the Baja.
Old 01-31-2016, 06:53 AM
Zodiac
5th Gear Member

Sounds like a big day Larry. I wanted a convertible but you can't buy a base GT convertible, has to be the premium. Also wife doesn't like convertibles so I had that going against me too lol.
Old 01-31-2016, 07:01 AM
DK Pony
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by lpcard

Odd thing about the rear calipers, I went and bought the tool to do the calipers complete with two compressing tools; one that goes left and one that goes right. I thought that the left one would be needed for the left side brake...but it was the right compressor on both.
I thought the same thing.
IDK if you got the same kit I did but it really simplified the job.
I cooked the pads on my GT when we did the Marion VA run last summer.
Old 01-31-2016, 05:04 PM
cominus
5th Gear Member

Only took me forever to do all four, but i think i need to rebleed the lines.

Old 01-31-2016, 08:12 PM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Looks like brake and rotor weekend for the crew. Nice work guys.
Old 02-01-2016, 09:04 AM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

The key is it looks better to the wife when you get money back...plus the stores are two miles down the road haha.

Got the motor mount spacers finished. Made three sets. 1" steel plate sucks to drill through. But it was free!
Old 02-02-2016, 04:59 PM
Zodiac
5th Gear Member

Have a job interview tomorrow afternoon for a promotion at work. Hoping to nail it to start moving on up!
Old 02-02-2016, 05:42 PM
DK Pony
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Zodiac
Have a job interview tomorrow afternoon for a promotion at work. Hoping to nail it to start moving on up!
Awesome!! Good luck.

Quick Reply: What are you working on?