Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

What are you working on?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 03:09 PM
rockhillgt
3rd Gear Member

running the Spartan this weekend JJ? Im scheduled for sunday at 815 in the competitive heat.

Originally Posted by Sleeper_GT
Leaving on or about 15 May...Need to schedule a GTG.
Old 04-05-2016, 06:12 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rockhillgt
running the Spartan this weekend JJ? Im scheduled for sunday at 815 in the competitive heat.
Not running any races this year. Are you going to make the Ultra Beast this year?
Old 04-06-2016, 12:05 PM
rockhillgt
3rd Gear Member

Doubt I'm going to do that. Plans have changed since they upped the price another $200 for the season pass and you saved the 50% if you had that so just going to do a trifecta and then going to try out some other races..tough mudder...battlefrog...rugged maniac

Not running any races this year. Are you going to make the Ultra Beast this year?
Old 04-06-2016, 04:21 PM
Zodiac
5th Gear Member

Alan yeah still close to the Raleigh area, moved on the far end of Cary by Morrisville. Close to work now. It's great.
Old 04-06-2016, 04:52 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rockhillgt
Doubt I'm going to do that. Plans have changed since they upped the price another $200 for the season pass and you saved the 50% if you had that so just going to do a trifecta and then going to try out some other races..tough mudder...battlefrog...rugged maniac
Yeah, I can't believe the price for a season pass now. Good luck with the races. When I get back I'm sure I'll run some again.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:20 PM
lpcard
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by alan0614
You have really gotten to know your Subie well haven't you Larry?
A bit better than I would have liked...but it's got nearly 200K on it so I guess it isn't all that bad. Thing is, I love this little trucklet and no one makes anything like it these days, so I'll be holding on to it as long as I can keep it's wheels turning.
Old 04-08-2016, 09:36 AM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

I am all for running stuff till the wheels fall off haha.
I know they were an aquire taste as far as looks go but I always wonder why the concept of the Baja never caught on. Guess it has to be the size of a suburban and have a big fat Honda emblem on it before everyone snatches it up.
Old 04-08-2016, 05:31 PM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

I'm leaving for Afghanistan shortly and no reason to have it sit around for 9 months making payments. Already sold off the parts. Only parts left are the DS Safety Loop and the UCA. I'm going to do a build when I get home, just not sure what.
(Cough) Jeep (cough)...

Hahaha!!!
Old 04-09-2016, 06:59 AM
lpcard
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by clowe1965
I am all for running stuff till the wheels fall off haha.
I know they were an aquire taste as far as looks go but I always wonder why the concept of the Baja never caught on. Guess it has to be the size of a suburban and have a big fat Honda emblem on it before everyone snatches it up.
I've always had a taste for the oddball vehicles, the one I had before the Baja was a Dodge Rampage. I loved my little Rampage.

At any rate, I got it apart yesterday. As soon as I pulled the exhaust apart coolant started pouring out of it, so I guess there isn't much doubt as to where the water was going.

Number 1 cylinder exhaust ports were wet, and although there weren't any clear marks on the head gasket the heads weren't damaged and neither were the cylinder walls, so it's pretty apparent that the Subaru head gasket monster strikes again.

So now I get the parts to do the head gaskets, and the timing belt since it's nearing time for it to be replaced, and since I'm there I'll replace all the fuel line hoses because when it's really cold I can smell gas, and while I'm there some of those vacuum lines are kind of soft, and might as well do all the drive belts and radiator hoses...fuel filter...air filter...oil and filter...should be practically new when it hits the road again. I ought to call this thing Gator because of the way it's eating my money up.
Old 04-09-2016, 01:29 PM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

Quick Reply: What are you working on?