Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

What are you working on?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 09:53 PM
don-ohio
1st Gear Member

Picked up both lower ball joints for my 05 vert today.Tomorrow I'll try to press em out and press em in. Probably will take me awhile since I work slowly and deliberately. don-ohio (:^)
Old 06-17-2016, 08:00 AM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by clowe1965
I really hate the mobile format for this website. Can't figure if I'm posting on this thread or the related one.

Deep freezer.broke, thankfully didn't lose anything. Got some laminate floors installed at a friends house and now we are looking at our dogs room for laminate. Sold a set of tires so more room in the garage.

I know I'm guilty of it, but where did everyone go? Or is it just that time of year everyone stays off the computer and keeps busy outside?
At the bottom of the screen on your phone there's a hyperlink you can click that says...View Full Site......

Originally Posted by Zodiac
Summer time is when I get busy at work, so I work longer days and don't do a ton of posting. Other than that yeah, it's been pretty dead here lately. Hopefully everyone is out driving their cars having a good time.
Sucks when work gets in the way of fun....LOL

Originally Posted by don-ohio
Picked up both lower ball joints for my 05 vert today.Tomorrow I'll try to press em out and press em in. Probably will take me awhile since I work slowly and deliberately. don-ohio (:^)
Better to go slow and do it right the first time..
Old 06-18-2016, 08:55 AM
lpcard
4th Gear Member

So far this weekend (starting on Wednesday cause my weekend this week goes from Wednesday to today):

Slotted rotors on the Mustang

Assembled the Subaru (actually Jack did that, but I helped. )

Put a DCC decoder in a locomotive and then took it back out because it didn't work right

Played trains with my grandson.

I also got the septic tank cleaned out and am having the roof re-shingled, but I hired those jobs done.

I might have to take a nap later...
Old 06-18-2016, 06:42 PM
Zodiac
5th Gear Member

So it's getting time to start some power mods. Thinking of doing GT350 intake manifold and tune. Opinions, suggestions?
Old 06-19-2016, 12:12 AM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by lpcard
So far this weekend (starting on Wednesday cause my weekend this week goes from Wednesday to today):

Slotted rotors on the Mustang

Assembled the Subaru (actually Jack did that, but I helped. )

Put a DCC decoder in a locomotive and then took it back out because it didn't work right

Played trains with my grandson.

I also got the septic tank cleaned out and am having the roof re-shingled, but I hired those jobs done.

I might have to take a nap later...
Nap sounds awesome!

So it's getting time to start some power mods. Thinking of doing GT350 intake manifold and tune. Opinions, suggestions?
looks like 56HP gain at 7500RPMs.....I guess it depends on if you will be able to take advantage of the power gains at such a high RPM..Sounds like it's the same gains as a Boss Intake on an S197. I'm guessing saving for FI is out of the question....
Old 06-19-2016, 07:24 AM
Zodiac
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sleeper_GT
Nap sounds awesome!

looks like 56HP gain at 7500RPMs.....I guess it depends on if you will be able to take advantage of the power gains at such a high RPM..Sounds like it's the same gains as a Boss Intake on an S197. I'm guessing saving for FI is out of the question....
Yeah looking at staying N/A for now. I think it gains more up top than the Boss and no low end loss. I enjoyed the Boss on my 13, so figure this would be better.

During DD I won't be hitting the high rpms but drag racing should be more fun this fall.

Last edited by Zodiac; 06-19-2016 at 09:10 AM.
Old 06-19-2016, 07:48 AM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Yeah looking at staying N/A for now. I think it gains more up top than the Boss and now low end loss. I enjoyed the Boss on my 13, so figure this would be better.

During DD I won't be hitting the high rpms but drag racing should be more fun this fall.
Right on....Guess it would be a good start if you plan on a Turbo or Centri Blower down the road..
Old 06-19-2016, 09:12 AM
Zodiac
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sleeper_GT
Right on....Guess it would be a good start if you plan on a Turbo or Centri Blower down the road..
Ha yeah would be a nice addition down the road.
Old 06-19-2016, 07:50 PM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Greetings all. It's been a while....

Detailed the truck, clay, compound, polish and wax. Quite a job but she looks good.

Installed a K&N air intake on the truck.

Bought a set of 2015 new take off wheel/tires for the truck. The old tires were six years old and starting to crack on the sidewalls pretty badly.

Name:  9F601FE2-1239-4641-9BBE-CA197EDE5298_zpsrlc03lle.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  272.8 KB
Old 06-20-2016, 08:46 AM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Truck looks frick'n sweet...

Quick Reply: What are you working on?