Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

What are you working on?

Old 06-20-2016, 04:32 PM
lpcard
4th Gear Member

It Lives!!!

It didn't want to, the right head cam was advanced a tooth and once we got that fixed we discovered that Jack had put the new oil in without draining the old oil (I didn't drain it when I took it apart because I didn't want to leave the crankcase dry with the heads off) and once we got that fixed we discovered that it had no fuel pressure because I had taken the fuel pump fuse out. Once the fuse was in the little trucklet fired right up and it runs good. I even Jeff'ed the exhaust header so it doesn't rattle against the frame any more.
Old 06-20-2016, 06:07 PM
Zodiac
5th Gear Member

Alan the truck looks great! Larry nice to see the baja still ticking!

So I ordered all my parts last night. Can't wait! Unfortunately/fortunately I'll be in Wilmington all next week for work so I probably won't get to install until 4th of July weekend.
Old 06-20-2016, 08:21 PM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Thanks guys, hard to believe it's 6 years old.

Great job Larry, the Baja may live forever.
Old 06-21-2016, 08:33 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

Originally Posted by alan0614
Greetings all. It's been a while....

Detailed the truck, clay, compound, polish and wax. Quite a job but she looks good.

Installed a K&N air intake on the truck.

Bought a set of 2015 new take off wheel/tires for the truck. The old tires were six years old and starting to crack on the sidewalls pretty badly.

Looks sharp! hopefully you'll find an Exhaust that fits it one of these days.

Originally Posted by lpcard
It Lives!!!

It didn't want to, the right head cam was advanced a tooth and once we got that fixed we discovered that Jack had put the new oil in without draining the old oil (I didn't drain it when I took it apart because I didn't want to leave the crankcase dry with the heads off) and once we got that fixed we discovered that it had no fuel pressure because I had taken the fuel pump fuse out. Once the fuse was in the little trucklet fired right up and it runs good. I even Jeff'ed the exhaust header so it doesn't rattle against the frame any more.
HAHAHA! Clint shared this with me this morning. Glad to know that the Legend lives on as does your Subbie.
Old 06-21-2016, 10:36 PM
don-ohio
1st Gear Member

Replaced ball joints,and tie rod outer ends today and yesterday. EVERY nut and bolt was frozen/rusted in place.
Used MAP gas torch and PB Blaster/Liquid Wrench to finally loosen all parts.
Autozone Duralast ball joints came with snap ring but there was not enough room after pressing them in to install the snap ring.
They come 5 thousandths bigger around to stay in the control arm after pressing,but I woulda felt better with the snap rings in place.
I drilled in at an angle to the base of each ball joint and screwed self-tapping screws in to make sure they stayed in place. We'll see.
The MOOG tie rod ends fit great and have grease fittings.
Probably take it to alignment shop tomorrow. don-ohio (:^)
Old 06-21-2016, 10:50 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by don-ohio
Replaced ball joints,and tie rod outer ends today and yesterday. EVERY nut and bolt was frozen/rusted in place.
Used MAP gas torch and PB Blaster/Liquid Wrench to finally loosen all parts.
Autozone Duralast ball joints came with snap ring but there was not enough room after pressing them in to install the snap ring.
They come 5 thousandths bigger around to stay in the control arm after pressing,but I woulda felt better with the snap rings in place.
I drilled in at an angle to the base of each ball joint and screwed self-tapping screws in to make sure they stayed in place. We'll see.
The MOOG tie rod ends fit great and have grease fittings.
Probably take it to alignment shop tomorrow. don-ohio (:^)
Damn man.....
Old 06-22-2016, 03:53 PM
Zodiac
5th Gear Member

Yeah what JJ said.

My GT350 Intake manifold and throttle body showed up today. Tomorrow will be the throttle body adapter since I'm using stock throttle body for now. Friday will be all the odds and ends for installation and still waiting on my ngauge/tune. Oh happy days!
Old 06-22-2016, 07:30 PM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jeffk
Looks sharp! hopefully you'll find an Exhaust that fits it one of these days.
Yeah, so do I. 2010 was a bastard year for Ford. 04-09 or 11 and up there are plenty of options. 2010, not so much. As you know I tried Magnaflow but there were no holes in the frame where the hangers were supposed to mount.

Originally Posted by Zodiac
Yeah what JJ said.

My GT350 Intake manifold and throttle body showed up today. Tomorrow will be the throttle body adapter since I'm using stock throttle body for now. Friday will be all the odds and ends for installation and still waiting on my ngauge/tune. Oh happy days!
Looking forward to seeing what you think of the new intake. I still need to drive a S550.
Old 06-25-2016, 05:49 PM
DK Pony
4th Gear Member

The Blue Stang is gone. This little deal has been in the works for a few months and one of the reasons I haven't been around much.
With the other projects I have and Kim wanting to have a second vehicle she could drive (no straight drive for her) I had to do something.
We still have the Vert and plan to keep it for a good long while. It already has 45K on it.
The Jeep is new and is my 3rd Wrangler to date. I also had a CJ5 and a Wagoneer back in the day.
The only plans for the Jeep are wheels and tires at a later date. .

Last edited by DK Pony; 06-25-2016 at 09:13 PM.
Old 06-25-2016, 06:35 PM
Zodiac
5th Gear Member

Congrats on the new Jeep. Love a Wrangler unlimited. Sad to see the blue stang go though.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What are you working on?