Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

What are you working on?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2016, 06:37 PM
Zodiac
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by alan0614
Yeah, so do I. 2010 was a bastard year for Ford. 04-09 or 11 and up there are plenty of options. 2010, not so much. As you know I tried Magnaflow but there were no holes in the frame where the hangers were supposed to mount.

Looking forward to seeing what you think of the new intake. I still need to drive a S550.
I should hopefully have an update next weekend. My tuner arrives Tuesday and I come back from Wilmington Friday night or Saturday morning. Hopefully I can do this on Saturday. What are you waiting for on driving a S550? Afraid you will want to trade your GT500 for a GT350 lol? I don't think you can go wrong with the new S550, much improved over previous.
Old 06-25-2016, 09:18 PM
DK Pony
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Zodiac
Congrats on the new Jeep. Love a Wrangler unlimited. Sad to see the blue stang go though.
Thanks.

Weed eaters, lumber, car parts, or dogs are not the preferred cargo for a Mustang and I have seen an increasing need to haul stuff like this.
Old 06-26-2016, 07:02 AM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

What are you waiting for on driving a S550? Afraid you will want to trade your GT500 for a GT350 lol? I don't think you can go wrong with the new S550, much improved over previous.
I would love to own a GT350 but I just can't see paying anything over sticker, simply not worth it to me. There will be a used one along the way maybe, but for now I am very content with my car. Still want to drive a S550 though.

Originally Posted by DK Pony
Thanks.

Weed eaters, lumber, car parts, or dogs are not the preferred cargo for a Mustang and I have seen an increasing need to haul stuff like this.
Nice Jeep Dave, can't wait to see the wheels and tires. Doing a lift kit as well?

Tried a new clay bar replacement from Nanoskin. Very impressed and much easier to use than clay. Supposedly lasts much longer.

Name:  1274eda8-7941-4d69-9a6c-87a1cde3b048_zpsxi0b1vc5.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  332.6 KB

Used it on Deb's Subie and the Shelby yesterday. When I was done, took it inside, washed it and let it dry.
Old 06-26-2016, 07:59 AM
Zodiac
5th Gear Member

I would love to own a GT350 but I just can't see paying anything over sticker, simply not worth it to me. There will be a used one along the way maybe, but for now I am very content with my car. Still want to drive a S550 though.

Nice Jeep Dave, can't wait to see the wheels and tires. Doing a lift kit as well?

Tried a new clay bar replacement from Nanoskin. Very impressed and much easier to use than clay. Supposedly lasts much longer.

Used it on Deb's Subie and the Shelby yesterday. When I was done, took it inside, washed it and let it dry.
Yeah I understand the ADM, I've been seeing lots of people grabbing them lately at MSRP. Especially since the 17's are on the lot now they have to move the 16's. I would never pay ADM on any car.
Old 06-26-2016, 05:33 PM
DK Pony
4th Gear Member

Probably won't do a lift. Of course I say that and down the road it's hard to tell what will happen.
Although just a 2 inch lift would make a big difference and can be achieved pretty easily with just a coil spring spacer.

Probably just go with a bigger tire and wheel. It has 16's on it and I'm kinda leaning toward something like the Rubicon takeoffs.
They are 17's and look much better than the factory steels. Also, the mud tires are great..well..in the mud, but on the highway they just make lots of noise and wear out much faster as the pavement just eats the lugs off of them.
A nice set of A/T's would be my choice... probably the Cooper AT/3's.

Last edited by DK Pony; 06-26-2016 at 07:30 PM.
Old 06-27-2016, 03:22 PM
Tribefan
2nd Gear Member

You're welcome to drive mine any time you'd like.

I've been contemplating getting one of those. Seem kinda steep though. Most of the ones I've seen are $40-50 it seems.
Old 06-27-2016, 07:25 PM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Nice wheels Dave.

Dan, maybe one of these days when I am in Raleigh we can all meet for lunch/dinner.

I caught the Nanoskin on sale at Autogeek. If you look at how many times you can use it it really does pay off. And if you drop it, take it to the sink and rinse it off. I probably won't use clay again.
Old 06-28-2016, 05:20 PM
Zodiac
5th Gear Member

Nice wheels Dave.

Dan, maybe one of these days when I am in Raleigh we can all meet for lunch/dinner.

I caught the Nanoskin on sale at Autogeek. If you look at how many times you can use it it really does pay off. And if you drop it, take it to the sink and rinse it off. I probably won't use clay again.
Sounds like a plan Alan. Yeah I'm gonna have to check that nonskin stuff out.

My ngauge tuner arrived today, can't wait to get back home and start the installation, hopefully I'll be home Friday night and get started on Saturday. Although I am loving helping out with the launch of our new facility in Wilmington.
Old 06-28-2016, 08:45 PM
Tribefan
2nd Gear Member

My ngauge tuner arrived today, can't wait to get back home and start the installation, hopefully I'll be home Friday night and get started on Saturday. Although I am loving helping out with the launch of our new facility in Wilmington.
I've been considering getting one of those as well which tune are you going with for your car?
Old 06-29-2016, 07:09 PM
Zodiac
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tribefan
I've been considering getting one of those as well which tune are you going with for your car?
I went with the Lund tune.

Quick Reply: What are you working on?