Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

Repairs for my wife's Trailblazer that I can trust when away.

Old 06-03-2013, 10:47 AM
Cockygt500
3rd Gear Member

Default Repairs for my wife's Trailblazer that I can trust when away.

Hello guys,

Anybody know of someone in the lexington/Columbia area that could replace the Lifters in my wife's I6 2005 Trailblazer? She didn't changed the oil like I told her to and now she has a collapsed lifted that is driving her crazy. Lol.

I really need somebody around that area that she can take it to when she is having problems while I'm gone. I know there are a lot of shops and shade tree mechanics around my area but I hoping to find one that will work hard for my wife and not try to rip her off since I am not home. We all know how some places are. Thanks for any help you can give me on this fellas.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:17 PM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Clint will be your best bet here on the forum. Let's see what he says. I have a co-worker that lives in the area, I will check with him to see what he says.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:41 PM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

My coworker recommends the following - hope you get things squared away.
• Redmond's Auto Service - Columbia, SC
www.yelp.com › Automotive › Auto Repair
o Rating: 5/5 • 1 Yelp review
Mar 13, 2011 • (803) 799-7225 • "Simply put, I would never consider taking either of my vehicles anywhere else but Redmond's. They have had my automotive repair …
1120 Olympia Ave, Columbia • (803) 799-7225 • Directions • Bing
Old 06-03-2013, 09:56 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

gah I haven't had my car worked on by a shop since high school when I couldn't afford to wait for the learning curve. Not Teal's for sure. I've worked with the gm good wrench shop in lexington and they seemed on top of stuff a few years ago, can't say anything for pricing. If you were here I'd offer to tackle it with ya. I'd still offer to do it, but I haven't worked on that engine before and can't do it in a timely manner. My neighbor is a carmax mechanic, I can ask him if he wants some side work if your interested. If your wife needs a ride or anything let me know.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:57 PM
Cockygt500
3rd Gear Member

Thank Alan. I will get my wife to go check them out. We are not in a huge rush to get it done since the she has been driving the wheels off my Shelby since it got there. lol

Im in the same boat clint. I haven't had to use a shop for repairs in a long time. It doesn't have to be a shop that performs the work as long as who ever does it can handle it. If you or your neighbor want to tackle it please let me know what it might cost. I can get the parts from my sister who works at Orileys on #6. She has my car for right now and shouldn't need a ride but thank you very much for the offer. Have you seen my car rolling around the red bank area? My wife has been driving it a lot and says she sees mustangs everywhere when she is in it. She mostly stays around the red bank/ Lexington area.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:22 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

Originally Posted by Cockygt500
Thank Alan. I will get my wife to go check them out. We are not in a huge rush to get it done since the she has been driving the wheels off my Shelby since it got there. lol

Im in the same boat clint. I haven't had to use a shop for repairs in a long time. It doesn't have to be a shop that performs the work as long as who ever does it can handle it. If you or your neighbor want to tackle it please let me know what it might cost. I can get the parts from my sister who works at Orileys on #6. She has my car for right now and shouldn't need a ride but thank you very much for the offer. Have you seen my car rolling around the red bank area? My wife has been driving it a lot and says she sees mustangs everywhere when she is in it. She mostly stays around the red bank/ Lexington area.
Hopefully she gets the oil changed in the Shelby when needed.

Sorry, had to say it.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:03 AM
Cockygt500
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jeffk
Hopefully she gets the oil changed in the Shelby when needed.

Sorry, had to say it.
Oh there is no question on that one brother or she will not have to worry about anything on the Shelby since I will bring the keys with me. Ooooo that would be a bad day in my house.

I had to tell her to stop revving it up at the other mustangs. She was like" I thought that was how I say hello" . I told her no that is showing off. Only rev at the other style vehicles if she wanted to show off but don't race any of them. lol. I can't have my car labeled as a "slow one" before I even get home. She is all smiles driving it and my little girl wants to be taken to school everyday now.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:06 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cockygt500

I'll keep an eye out for it, maybe I'll send Jessie out driving mine and they can have a girls gtg. I'm up for the challenge, just gotta find time, they're trying to get me to work both jobs now, one full time and the other on evenings/weekends. Not sure I want it, I'm sick of the headache and they are notoriously cheap but more money never hurts and I feel kinda bad for leaving my friend with the mess.

Let me look up what is all involved. Anyone think it's possible to put some sea foam in the crank case and see if it can clean out the lifter and pump it back up? I doubt it but a 10$ can might be worth a shot.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:01 AM
Cockygt500
3rd Gear Member

My wife is Named Jessica too. I'm sure she would love it. She loves to show it off. LOL.

Thanks man. She found a guy named Michael at ProCar automotive that said he can fix it in a day for between 400 to 800 depending on how bad it is. I have no idea if that is a good deal but doesn't seem to bad for lifter replacement on a newer style car.

I will get her to put some seafoam in there. Does she just put it in the oil and let it run for a while and then get the oil changed? I have never used seafoam before but will try anything if it gives me more money to spend when I'm home.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:37 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Yeah seafoam is fun stuff. There are directions on the can as far as qty per quart but i cant recall what they are at the moment. Just pour it in, let the engine warm up, give it an extra few minutes then change the oil. You can leave the oil in there and run the car with it between changes but as the oil is the problem better not. Still not sure about the effectiveness of it on a collapsed lifter, but it should get a lot of gunk out.

That's a pretty good deal, considering people regularly pay 400-600 for a water pump change. Much faster than what I can do it for sure.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Repairs for my wife's Trailblazer that I can trust when away.