Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

~ On Topic threads please!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 06:02 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

You guys are crazy.. Now back to the topic... Ugh, what topic are we talking about??
Old 06-26-2013, 06:30 AM
DK Pony
4th Gear Member

Did someone say.....(all together now) sc00ps!!
Name:  sc00ps_zpse92d321f.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  30.4 KB
Old 06-26-2013, 06:37 AM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99GTvert
You guys could make one thread titled "chat" or something..some tech sections have something like that to keep the jibber jabber contained.
Those attempts have gone over like a fart in a diviing helmet, a lead balloon.................well you get the idea.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:47 AM
Widow Maker
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by alan0614
Those attempts have gone over like a fart in a diviing helmet, a lead balloon.................well you get the idea.
Like a fart in church..... LOL
Old 06-26-2013, 07:08 AM
SHOHORSE
5th Gear Member

You guys could make one thread titled "chat" or something..some tech sections have something like that to keep the jibber jabber contained.
We already have that...That's where we talk about tech stuff...LOL..

Truth is, This forum has brought together a group of people from all walks of life, with a common interest.(That's what most forums do) Our regional forum has given birth to a group of friends that are much more than cyber names and images.(Most forums don't) We physically shake hands, work on each others cars, meet at locations across two and sometimes three states. In short, we are a family now and we act like it. This forum could disappear with a key stroke, not so my Mustang family. This forum is a great way to share ideas, events, and laughs between our many GTG's. Mustang Forums is a great place to talk to other Mustang people about our passion. Carolina Regional chapter is a great place to join our family of real people, real fun and an obvious inability to stay on topic . Just saying
Old 06-26-2013, 07:27 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

Originally Posted by SHOHORSE

Truth is, This forum has brought together a group of people from all walks of life, with a common interest.(That's what most forums do) Our regional forum has given birth to a group of friends that are much more than cyber names and images.(Most forums don't) We physically shake hands, work on each others cars, meet at locations across two and sometimes three states. In short, we are a family now and we act like it. This forum could disappear with a key stroke, not so my Mustang family. This forum is a great way to share ideas, events, and laughs between our many GTG's. Mustang Forums is a great place to talk to other Mustang people about our passion. Carolina Regional chapter is a great place to join our family of real people, real fun and an obvious inability to stay on topic . Just saying
Exactly!

And as far as the confusion or difficulty finding out the facts of the thread, most of us that start threads about GTG's post the pertinent information in the very first post so that anyone who happens across the thread and wants to know where, what and when can find it without having to read through 15 pages of us having a good time. I mean could we seriously have 15 pages of us talking about Harolds latest exhaust or the parts that JJ installed on someone's ride or Jason's latest wheel, suspension, exhaust or how badass someones car is? Not likely but we all comment on the real meat of the topic for the first few pages and then we have fun. This has all been discussed at length before sometimes very vehemently, think back to the Family Feud right before Dana's install GTG.

I don't know about everyone else but I come here to "hangout", shoot the **** and live vicariously through those who have lots of $$ to throw at their cars. Oh and to laugh at JJ's Typos....
Old 06-26-2013, 07:43 AM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

got one....

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
You guys are crazy.. Now back to the topic... Ugh, what topic are we talking about??
yes we are.....and I have no idea...

Originally Posted by SHOHORSE

Originally Posted by Jeffk
Exactly!

And as far as the confusion or difficulty finding out the facts of the thread, most of us that start threads about GTG's post the pertinent information in the very first post so that anyone who happens across the thread and wants to know where, what and when can find it without having to read through 15 pages of us having a good time. I mean could we seriously have 15 pages of us talking about Harolds latest exhaust or the parts that JJ installed on someone's ride or Jason's latest wheel, suspension, exhaust or how badass someones car is? Not likely but we all comment on the real meat of the topic for the first few pages and then we have fun. This has all been discussed at length before sometimes very vehemently, think back to the Family Feud right before Dana's install GTG.

I don't know about everyone else but I come here to "hangout", shoot the **** and live vicariously through those who have lots of $$ to throw at their cars. Oh and to laugh at JJ's Typos....
Steve and Jeff....well put.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:41 AM
HT
5th Gear Member

I do my best to keep things structured and at least lead people in the right direction when they first get into this section of the forum. At the same time, this isn't a tech section and the concept is more of an open discussion forum with some important information mixed in. We have information in place that can aid people in getting the information they need about meets (Event Calendar, first post of thread updates) that make things workable, and recently I've been adding the dates of the events to the thread titles just as an added measure of aid in finding what you can and can't attend.

With that said, I do think there are people that post a little excessively for whatever reasons they may have. There are times that I wish that wasn't the case because it's hard to even keep up with the posts being made in here. The forum, however, is a collection of its people and it can't be constantly regulated for excessive posts or things that are off-topic.

I appreciate the concern but the nice thing about the Mustang community is that there are other forums that people can be a part of, and even other sections of this one that are much-more-strictly regulated for on-topic, tech information. If that is what people are looking for, maybe this isn't the place, or maybe it's just somewhere that you stop by to hang out for a bit and learn about our events from time to time.

I just don't think things here are going to change drastically for the few potential members that we lose. When you become one of the largest regional chapters on the forum in a fraction of the time that others have been around...you must be doing a few things right.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:10 AM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by HT
I do my best to keep things structured and at least lead people in the right direction when they first get into this section of the forum. At the same time, this isn't a tech section and the concept is more of an open discussion forum with some important information mixed in. We have information in place that can aid people in getting the information they need about meets (Event Calendar, first post of thread updates) that make things workable, and recently I've been adding the dates of the events to the thread titles just as an added measure of aid in finding what you can and can't attend.

With that said, I do think there are people that post a little excessively for whatever reasons they may have. There are times that I wish that wasn't the case because it's hard to even keep up with the posts being made in here. The forum, however, is a collection of its people and it can't be constantly regulated for excessive posts or things that are off-topic.

I appreciate the concern but the nice thing about the Mustang community is that there are other forums that people can be a part of, and even other sections of this one that are much-more-strictly regulated for on-topic, tech information. If that is what people are looking for, maybe this isn't the place, or maybe it's just somewhere that you stop by to hang out for a bit and learn about our events from time to time.

I just don't think things here are going to change drastically for the few potential members that we lose. When you become one of the largest regional chapters on the forum in a fraction of the time that others have been around...you must be doing a few things right.
I resemble that remark....(Head hung low).....Sorry..
Old 06-26-2013, 09:24 AM
HT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sleeper_GT
I resemble that remark....(Head hung low).....Sorry..
I knew that was coming! Yes, it does bother me from time to time (and you're not the only one who does it) but the sentence after that one was true too. People are people and the way that they express themselves makes up what this section of the forum is meant to be. Could it be dialed back from time to time? Yes, but I don't think it needs to change to make people that decide this place is too crazy happy. No need to change identities for that purpose.

Quick Reply: ~ On Topic threads please!