Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

getting to know everybody

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 09:11 PM
Brighton07GTCS
1st Gear Member

Talking getting to know everybody

hey guys and girls! i thought it would be cool to kinda get to know everybody. given that facebook is so popular, we should all friend each other.

I'm Brighton Freeman, and you can definitely find me on there. for people who don't have a facebook, you should write some general stuff about yourself on here, and we should get to know each other a little bit. i think it'd be a good idea since we're in a chapter and all :]
Old 03-16-2011, 09:23 PM
HasABetterSN
3rd Gear Member

I wont leave you hangin -

I'm Mike Voorhies, majoring in Electrical and Computer Engineering at NCSU. Parents live in the Charlotte area, but I only go back a handful times a year now.

Been into Mustangs since I learned to drive on my dad's 2002 GT (he later sold it, just coincidence I also got a 2002), and finally saved up enough to buy mine one year ago this month after my other car got totalled.

Lookin forward to meeting and getting to know everyone!

edit: Feel free to find me on tha Facebook if thats your thing!
Old 03-16-2011, 09:40 PM
Brighton07GTCS
1st Gear Member

i guess i could have started by introducing myself in the previous post.

I'm Brighton Freeman. I'm 23 and graduated college last May, with an AAS as a Physical Therapy Assistant. I live in Pfafftown, which is right beside Winston-Salem. I've always loved american muscle, thanks to my dad hah. I bought my first mustang in September, and actually it was the first one i ever personally drove. Needless to say, it was love at first drive lol. It's a Redfire 2007 GT/CS, 5speed, two tone leather interior, and pretty much loaded :]

My dad has an '88 Fastback 5.0 its a piece, but its still awesome lol.

again, feel free to add me on facebook...i get on there quite a bit, and there are a few more pics of my car up.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:20 AM
sonicx
speed'n

Im Jason, Im kinda the Carolina's Unofficial Honorary Memember.... been around since the the very begginnings LOL. Although I am the Chapter President for the Minnesota Chapter (and enjoy it) do liking stopping by from time to time in the carolina's to say what's to my buds HT & Mike and then others that i wants to say sup. I have a 04 GT which i've had since 06. Currently Im still in school as a business student up here in cities. One day I will be moving down to NC to work on the business side of NASCAR.

Last edited by sonicx; 03-29-2011 at 12:05 PM.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:05 AM
lpcard
4th Gear Member

My name is Larry Card. I was born and raised in Iowa and spent 20 years fixing airplanes on Uncle Sam's floating airports. When I retired I decided I didn't want to have any more to do with airplanes and there really wasn't anything in Southwest Iowa to call me back.
I got a job in Raleigh with the semiconductor industry, first with a place called Amkor that has since shut down and now with the company that makes some of the LED's used in the new Mustangs.
Getting the car is a bittersweet story, I wanted a Challenger convertible but they didn't come out with one. The wife and I talked about getting a Mustang convertible instead - actually we talked about getting 2 since she wanted a glass top - to replace the crap cars that we had (I had an 82 Rampage that I loved but it was getting labor intensive, she had a 92 Grand Am that I absolutely hated) but when she got too sick to drive (lung cancer) we stopped talking about it.
She passed last June, and I rented a Mustang convertible to take her ashes to the national cemetery in Florida. My ulterior motive was to see if I really liked them well enough to actually buy one. As it turned out of course I did, so when I got back I started looking at new convertibles.
I think she would love my GT/CS, in fact I would probably have had a hard time convincing her to let me drive it. I miss her a lot, but we had a good 16 1/2 years together and she is no longer in pain. Since I paid for the car with her life insurance money it is the last gift she ever got for me, and so I will always treasure it.
Enough with the sad stuff now. Live every day like it is your last, because one day it will be, and the goal is to slide through the Pearly Gates still smoldering, jump out and holler "Let's do that again!"

Last edited by lpcard; 06-26-2013 at 07:08 AM.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:19 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Name is John, but I go by "JJ". I'm still currently on active duty and stationed at Fort Bragg. I'm married and my wife has already signed up. I believe y'all know her already, she goes by Lady_Roush here on the forum. She's not real active on the forum, but she likes going to car shows and hanging out with y'all. We are definitely glad to be part of the Carolina Chapter Family.

Last edited by Sleeper_GT; 06-25-2013 at 03:06 PM.
Old 06-25-2013, 03:01 PM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

This is fun. Like surfing through the pages of history. Chapter members gone by...

Larry, that is a wonderful story about taking your wife to her final resting place in her dream car.
Old 06-25-2013, 03:06 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Very nice write up.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:51 PM
Zodiac
5th Gear Member

My name is Dan, and all these thread resurrections are confusing the **** out of me.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:56 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Then you completely missed the point.