New Stang Opinions?

Old 12-05-2013, 08:54 PM
Cobra4me
2nd Gear Member

I will take one please!
Old 12-05-2013, 09:52 PM
Allupinya
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, I'm really like this Mustang. The interior is freaking awesome and I like the potential in the suspension and brakes. Kristen blessed off on my preordering one, can' wait!
Old 12-05-2013, 10:08 PM
SHOHORSE
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Zodiac
But it's not a giant thing, just a tiny sirius looking nub that is body color.
I think I'll paint mine to look like a baby turtle on the trunk lid...LOL
Old 12-05-2013, 10:13 PM
Shellback
4th Gear Member

To early to tell, need to see on up close . . .
Old 12-05-2013, 10:40 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

http://www.stangtv.com/features/car-...ustang-debuts/

That site has every detail you could imagine...

The more I see of it the more I like it. I thought they were going to do something radical based on the way they were talking (thinking like the New Edge to S197 change) but this really isn't as crazy as I had expected. I really like the back fender flare where they expanded the wheel base and gave it that ledge line.

At first I wanted the quarter windows back but I think what they did is fine. The way the headlights pull around and aren't as "in your face" as the S197s is a bit off-putting, but I think it'll grow on me like the 10+ rears did.

I'm not 100% certain, and obviously I'll be sticking with Baja for a while, but this is definitely something I could see myself investing in once I get out of school. Investing...that's a good rationalization. Something I could see myself sinking money into is more like it!
Old 12-05-2013, 11:57 PM
XxDISMEMBEREDxX
2nd Gear Member

I'll wait 'til I see one in person. It looks too much like a Nissan. I guess I'm just not ready for that much change. Souping up my '07 is still my top priority.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:11 AM
HT
5th Gear Member

I did think it was weird that the speculated specs have the Ecoboost 4-Cylinder at roughly the same HP, more torque, and more MPG than the V6. If that's the case...who would buy the V6? Seems like a pretty useless platform that they are just putting out to ease the change.
Old 12-06-2013, 05:33 AM
GT500Steve
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by HT
I did think it was weird that the speculated specs have the Ecoboost 4-Cylinder at roughly the same HP, more torque, and more MPG than the V6. If that's the case...who would buy the V6? Seems like a pretty useless platform that they are just putting out to ease the change.
I would imagine there will be a $2k-$3k base price difference between the V6 and Ecoboost model. Plus I bet you will be able to order more premium trim packages and performance suspension packages with the Ecoboost.

I would be seriously interested in an automatic with the Ecoboost engine, I think it would be a blast at the dragstrip and could probably be made to run low 12s or high 11s with very minor mods. There are lots of the Tarus SHO cars running mid 12s with CAI/tune/exhaust. The main thing will be how does the IRS hold up.... While I understand it's value, being more of a straight line kind of guy I really like the old school solid rear axles. Hopefully Ford made it bulletproof, unlike the last time they tried it in the terminator cobras.
Old 12-06-2013, 03:18 PM
Cockygt500
3rd Gear Member

Not a big fan of them yet. It looks like a Porsche/Hyundai coupe ran in the back of a Camaro. It could look good but I think I will keep mine for now. I do want to see what Roush and Shelby ones will look like. Also read they might come back out with the Mach 1. Wifey likes the new one maybe she will get one and I can mod it and still beat her in mine.
Old 12-07-2013, 06:12 PM
NCWildHorse
2nd Gear Member

Do not like it. To each their own.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Stang Opinions?