Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

Vice President/Co-Moderator Nomination Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 02:41 AM
XxDISMEMBEREDxX
2nd Gear Member

I think that 2yr terms would be a good idea. If an individual does a good job, they could be re-elected.
Old 01-02-2014, 05:25 AM
Widow Maker
5th Gear Member

My suggestion was just that... a suggestion. We can always hold an election every two years and elect a Pres and a VP which would allow for consecutive terms. We could do it for three years... we can all have input on what works the best for the chapter. Just trying to figure out what will work the best. SO yes, the discussion is open and if you have any ideas or preferences post them up... let's hear them!
Old 01-02-2014, 06:17 AM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

I think two years is adequate. And I like the cycling pres with the vp, plus the old pres could always be elected back into the vp position, so the terms would still be somewhat consecutive, 4 years as vp and 4 years at pres.
Beyond forum responsibilities, what else would we list the responsibilities as?
Calendar Maintenance
Attend 8 events per year? I know we have a lot more than that but sometimes its hard to make it due to other priorities or location. We could also say the pres or vp have to be at the # of events per year.
Paypal account management (not sure if we still have one, or how easy it would be to transfer ownership)
charity sponsorship contact/thank yous

Something we should all probably start doing is PM'ing the dormant members, there's at least 50 names on that list that we havent heard from in over 6 months or even after they got their member number.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:36 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

Those are some great ideas Clint.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:40 AM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

I would agree Clint.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:07 PM
Allupinya
2nd Gear Member

Look at that, Clint is already thinking like the prez!
Old 01-02-2014, 12:19 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Now where did you get that crazy idea?
Old 01-02-2014, 12:23 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Good job Clint....I'll be your leg breaker....
Old 01-02-2014, 12:57 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

The non-active member thing was discussed a while back (I believe it was with Alan). THat was the point when we were deciding if there is an activity requirement to have a number. It's kind of on the chapter vs. Club front and the consensus then was that, as a free chapter, it is a bridge between a club and a registry in that we organize events and provide information on other clubs activities, but to be a part of the group (i.e. have a number) you don't have to participate. Yes it means we have more numbers registered than we have active members, but we're a chapter.

Had we started a fund we may have, or still, want to alter that stance. We do have a dedicated email as well as Paypal account associated with it.

The MF requirements for the position are simple, but then again I'm aware there is a contingent that hasn't been happy with my leadership (which more than satisfied those requirements). We have a larger group than most so modifying those requirements may be in order. It would be tough to make an event attendance minimum as we'd have to define what constitutes as a chapter event, but I guess it could be done.

Should there be an own a Mustang clause? I think the two year term is good in theory, but this is a volatile hobby of sorts. Given the number of car turnovers here recently, it would be easy to see someone selling their Stang and being stuck as the President of the chapter. Maybe a one year term would be better in that regard, and we could allow for a status quo election where the president stays in place for up to two years? Just an idea.
Old 01-02-2014, 01:56 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

I wasn't saying to put requirements for membership, just that we should try reaching out to make them more than a number. If someone has been doing that already then good job, we'll try to coordinate and make it a group effort.

Kinda took the mustang ownership clause for granted. If someone sells their mustang during term then they should be allowed to finish it out, but picking on Harold or Jeff (Temporaily) for a minute, as long as they kept up with the group and were still active I wouldn't have an issue with keeping them as a group representative.

I'd still vote for a minimum number of events that the president or vp be present for. Many of us that have been here for the whole year have made it to at least 3 events that had 4 or more members at it, its not hard to do some of them either. Now what that number should be I still want some more opinions on. Just to clarify I meant that the 8 events for example could be split up between 4 for the prez and 4 for the vp. The number might fluctuate, for instance this year we didn't have a dragon trip (except clark, lucky ) and other times things are dead or just too busy. Maybe it shouldn't be a hard number, but the officers should make an effort to participate in the forum and events as much as the average active member does.

Quick Reply: Vice President/Co-Moderator Nomination Thread