Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

Why did you buy a Mustang?

Old 01-31-2014, 12:28 PM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

Originally Posted by Csrt4to5.0gt
I'm in the garage now...sitting on my Harley while eating apple pie and staring at my mustang!
Is that warm apple pie?

What part of PA are you from?
Old 01-31-2014, 12:35 PM
Csrt4to5.0gt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jeffk
Is that warm apple pie?

What part of PA are you from?
Let's just say you're not gonna want a slice when I'm done with it, lol! I don't own a Harley nor do I have any apple pie but if I did then that's what I'd be doing right now! I'm from Shamokin, Pa., about 55 miles north of Harrisburg.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:57 PM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

HAHA!

I know of Shamokin, probably passed through it a few times. Grew up in Stroudsburg.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:24 PM
Zodiac
5th Gear Member

HAHA!

I know of Shamokin, probably passed through it a few times. Grew up in Stroudsburg.
I used to go out to the flea market and eat at the Big A over in East Stroudsburg all the time when I lived in NY.
Old 01-31-2014, 05:26 PM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Man, I haven't been to the Marshalls Creek flea market since I was like 18.
Old 01-31-2014, 06:42 PM
Zodiac
5th Gear Member

Man, I haven't been to the Marshalls Creek flea market since I was like 18.
Ah time to reflect and remember lol.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:02 PM
VTintheBurg540

Great posts guys! Since everyone posted a list of cars I'll go ahead and post some of the cars I've owned since High School, pretty limited list since I'm in my mid 20's but its a list!

1992 Ford Explorer 4x4- I blew out the tranny about a month after purchasing it... awful, awful car.
1977 Ford Maverick 2 door, 302- I traded the Explorer straight up for it and I had this car for about 5 years, I loved every second of it. The engine it had dropped a cylnder so my dad and I had a friend build a new engine for it. That thing was my pride and joy through high school. Easily one of the fastest cars in the school parking lot too.
1995 Ford F-150 straight six- I needed a solid car to take to school so I bought the truck and sold the Maverick. Sold it not too long after buying it due to the gas consumption.
2004 Dodge Neon- Sold the F-150 and bought this, terrible decision. Transmission fluid had never been changed before I bought it and I was lucky to get 3 years out of the car.
2001 Nissan Maxima- Was previously my moms car and was given to me when I went to grad school. I would have used the Neon but it could barely handle rides to High Point, NC and my mom wanted a bigger car around me for the ride up to Blacksburg, VA.

Then I bought the 2013 GT and the rest is history, haha.
Old 02-01-2014, 05:35 AM
steel pony
4th Gear Member

I think my first introduction to Mustangs was thru neighbors.
Their daughters boyfriend bought a new 85GT, which at the time I thought was not a very good looking car. The neighbor 3 doors down from them had a 74 King Cobra...a flashy car, but still nothing that really peaked my interest in Mustangs.

I was tooling around in a 79 Trans Am, and a 80 Sunbird when a long time friend from high school called and said he was on his way over.
He pulled up in a 1964 1/2 Mustang. 289 in Honey Gold with white top. It was beautiful! Fell in love with Mustangs right then and there, but never owned one or thought of owning one until 2000.
For me, the Mustangs of the 80's & 90's just didn't look right. When the "new edge" design came out, the Mustang love started again, because i thought that Ford had finally seen the light of day and was starting to bring back the Mustang cues of old.

I drove the 2000 for 100,000 wonderful miles without an issue or problem. Then one day in late September of 2008 I passed by a Ford dealership and my jaw dropped, the brakes slammed and i about wrecked the car! There it was! A new Mustang in Grabber Orange!!! Raced home, looked up the car then went on the hunt for a Grabber Orange Mustang!
I didn't buy that first one i saw, but i did buy a GO, which i drove for about 3 years, until my recent purchase, which again was another impulse buy, since my jaw hit the ground again when i saw it! Same thing happened with the vert in August!

I love Mustangs and it's that spark that kicks up inside of me when i see one or one that i dream of owning. It's probably not that hard to understand for us "car guys" but there's something to be said when a car model can pull at your heart strings every time you see one.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:52 AM
lpcard
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by XxDISMEMBEREDxX
Cuz I wasn't planning on keeping my license anyway.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! My first ticket in 18 years was in the Mustang, I had owned it about a month. It was almost good enough to lose my license over, I had to do some sweet talking to the state of Iowa and they put me on double-secret probation for a year.

And the 08 Bullitt is one of my favorite Mustangs, but it's gotta be in Highland Green, cause otherwise...what's the point?
Old 02-02-2014, 07:15 AM
mbhw

Hi all, just joined and saw the regional threads, proud to be here! Car history - 1988 Jeep Cherokee, 1990's Chrysler Town & Country minivan w/ 209k and the heat stuck on, 2000 Suzuki Esteem wagon, 1998 Toyota Camry. Been driving an old 1999 Honda CRV w/ high miles and bought an '11 Mustang GT several days ago, just in time for the snow. I've always been a car guy, and the time was finally as right as it was going to be to get one. If the roads are dry this morning I can finally drive it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Why did you buy a Mustang?