Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

Coming Home

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 01:31 PM
Carolina Man
3rd Gear Member

Default Coming Home

The wife and I have been talking about moving back home from Oklahoma. She grew up in Greensboro and I grew up in SC. We have almost decided on the Raleigh area or Foothills , but after a couple of suggestions in the Tindol Ford thread, we have decided to look at other places.

My wife works and I don't (I'm disabled) when my wife lost her job to outsourcing in Winston Salem 3-4 years ago we had no choice in moving. Now it's time we came back.

Here is some idea of what we are looking for.

1. Jobs for her ( mostly office work)

2. reasonable rent

3. Stuff to do. There is nothing to do but to hibernate year round here because of the heat and cold ( we're not young anymore.)

So far we have had suggestions from Sleeper GT in Raeford ( I forgot that it was near Fayetteville) and clowe1965 for Columbia SC I am researching everything I can find so any and all suggestions is welcome.
Old 06-24-2014, 01:37 PM
rockhillgt
3rd Gear Member

Rock hill or fort mill sc is a great place. Less than 30 minutes from charlotte. Not too busy like a big city. Less than 4 hrs to beach..less than 4 hrs to mtns. 1 hr to Columbia. Sc taxes are cheaper than nc and no vehicle inspections
Old 06-24-2014, 01:41 PM
Carolina Man
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by rockhillgt
Rock hill or fort mill sc is a great place. Less than 30 minutes from charlotte. Not too busy like a big city. Less than 4 hrs to beach..less than 4 hrs to mtns. 1 hr to Columbia. Sc taxes are cheaper than nc and no vehicle inspections

Thanks I will add it to the list. I hope to be out of here by next summer.
Old 06-24-2014, 03:44 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Yeah rock hill is closer to the car stuff for sure. Good bit more crowded than Columbia though. As far as jobs, scana is hiring a lot of people, and have offices state wide, and in nc too. Gotta follow the job first.
Old 06-24-2014, 04:02 PM
potman
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Carolina Man
The wife and I have been talking about moving back home from Oklahoma. She grew up in Greensboro and I grew up in SC. We have almost decided on the Raleigh area or Foothills , but after a couple of suggestions in the Tindol Ford thread, we have decided to look at other places.

My wife works and I don't (I'm disabled) when my wife lost her job to outsourcing in Winston Salem 3-4 years ago we had no choice in moving. Now it's time we came back.

Here is some idea of what we are looking for.

1. Jobs for her ( mostly office work)

2. reasonable rent

3. Stuff to do. There is nothing to do but to hibernate year round here because of the heat and cold ( we're not young anymore.)

So far we have had suggestions from Sleeper GT in Raeford ( I forgot that it was near Fayetteville) and clowe1965 for Columbia SC I am researching everything I can find so any and all suggestions is welcome.

By coincidence my missus and I are moving to SC early next year. Our children moved to Charleston a few years ago and we want to start a new life and move closer to them. We're looking around the Greensboro area.

I hear the Carolinas have a pretty good mustang group. The missus has a job she can take with her and I'm a potter so I have a ready made job too.
Old 06-24-2014, 04:10 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Right on, right on, right on.....Let the group grow.

Looks like everyone knows about how active the Carolina are when it comes to Mustangs and GTGs.
Old 06-24-2014, 04:16 PM
potman
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sleeper_GT
Right on, right on, right on.....Let the group grow.

Looks like everyone knows about how active the Carolina are when it comes to Mustangs and GTGs.
Indeed. Lookin' forward to it
Old 06-24-2014, 05:35 PM
Carolina Man
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by clowe1965
Yeah rock hill is closer to the car stuff for sure. Good bit more crowded than Columbia though. As far as jobs, scana is hiring a lot of people, and have offices state wide, and in nc too. Gotta follow the job first.
Scana?
Old 06-24-2014, 05:38 PM
Carolina Man
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by potman
By coincidence my missus and I are moving to SC early next year. Our children moved to Charleston a few years ago and we want to start a new life and move closer to them. We're looking around the Greensboro area.

I hear the Carolinas have a pretty good mustang group. The missus has a job she can take with her and I'm a potter so I have a ready made job too.
North or South Carolina are nice states. I can't wait to hit Myrtle Beach again it's been too long.
Old 06-24-2014, 06:15 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Oh yeah! Myrtle beach....There's a nice club there too...Coastal Carolina Mustang Club...Some of us are linking up with them again during MW. Along with CSS.

Quick Reply: Coming Home