Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

Why I haven't been on the forum or gone to any events

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 11:44 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

Whoa...there's was a missing "n" in there the first time I read that Dana. HAHAHA!

That's a whole nother thread...
Old 08-27-2014, 05:39 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Hey now get your head out of the...O never mind it's not worth it in this place.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:53 PM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

Haha! So true.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:23 AM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Got the last strake finished. The resin separated from the hull in one spot, probably came part when I was walking around flexing the hull. I'll mix up some more PB and fill it in, then sand it all smooth and start the stringer install.
Old 10-24-2014, 04:15 PM
RedDrop00
2nd Gear Member

Guess I'd better start making progress on the wiring. You're gonna have the hull completely finished before I make the first connection lol.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:52 AM
humpbackshooter
1st Gear Member

Holy Moley......you are a jack of all trades! Looks like the we both have the same boat. Mind is a 97 Maxuim SR w/ that same prop turner. Had a problem with the horn going off last summer/ last time I used it. Checked all the normal stuff ( the temp transducer, the water pump, etc.) couldn't find any thing. Carried it to a shop close to the lake ( Greers Ferry, just north of Little Rock) and they checked too. Couldnt find a thing. Sooooo we just un-hooked the horn. It ran the rest of the week with no problems. I feel like it may have been something shorted out. I washed down the motor and a few other things cleaning it up and may have got water in something. Got to get back on it and see if it's still going to go off ( the horn ). Seems like it aways breaks at the lake.

Hump.
Old 02-25-2015, 12:05 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Yup I'm working to make myself an expert at everything haha. Yours looks a bit newer, just keep it covered and dry on the inside and you won't have the same issues haha. I'd just isolate the horn circuit, or are you talking about the warning buzzer?

My brother is up in that area going to school now (Harding in Searcy) and my g parents are in Paris. Yall have some nice lakes out there, rivers are a bit muddy though lol.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:50 PM
humpbackshooter
1st Gear Member

The warning buzzer. That thang can be a pain in the a.... BUT, it can save you some $$$$. Case in point. 2 yrs ago, me and the crew ( bro in law, his wife,my sis in law, their kids of which are nurses at Lebonier Childrens hosp. here in Memphis, some of the other nurses that work with her, me, my wife. all total there was close to bout 15/20. (Some come and go.) The kids got my boat and bro and me are on the pondtoon. The horn goes off. We check the water pump..peeing out the back...ck. Check the temp gauge...temp ok....ck. Bro cks the OIL Tank...SAYS ITS FULL... So we go on. The engine starts to idle....what its suppose to do when there is a problem. We check all the stuff again.....so we cut the wire to the horn. We go on...not far. we idle back to the dock. We are at Greers Ferry ( just around the corner from Sercy.) Long story short.....NO OIL IN THE INJECTOR TANK. That left a mark!!!!!!!!!!!! and some $$$$$$ to boot.
Thats why I need to find what causing the buzzer to go off.

Geers Ferry lake is a very nice lake. Deep and Clear. A mountain lake. The ones that I fish in upper MISS. are all shallow and kinda muddy. They clear up in the middle of the summer.

And I do keep it covered. Kinda like you. there not enough room in the garage for all my play toys.

Hump.
Old 05-05-2015, 08:00 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Smoothed out the outside of the transom and filled in some of the gaps in the plywood. Now the transom plate mounts up like it should.

Got the stringers rough cut on Friday, my brother in law is gonna square them up on his nicer tools. Then spent the rest of the day installing a lift kit on the jeep. Didn't wash my car for the dragon either hehe.
Before

After

Then tonight I finally got back to it, put the last two layers in the transom to even it all out before the skin gets put on. Have to wait for the resin to harden before I can cut the keyhole out (again)

Old 05-10-2015, 06:33 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

The first layer of skin didn't go too well, hadn't done a sheet that big before (40x40). Ended up with a few wrinkles I had to relief cut and gunk up my scissors. Still had some bubbles in it when the resin started, so I'll be out there with the Dremel tomorrow knocking stuff doWn. Can't do anything about the air pockets (all at the corner radii where the transom meets the hull) so I'll just apply lessons learned and move on. Gonna relief cut this next sheet and wet the back side really good before I put it up.

Quick Reply: Why I haven't been on the forum or gone to any events