Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

Lincolnton cruise-in Aug 23rd

Old 08-22-2014, 02:21 PM
rockhillgt
3rd Gear Member

Getting my stang all cleaned up after I get off of work in a couple hours. Can't let steve's be cleaner than mine...
Old 08-22-2014, 02:28 PM
Widow Maker
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rockhillgt
Getting my stang all cleaned up after I get off of work in a couple hours. Can't let steve's be cleaner than mine...
Steve has been working on his all week!!! LMAO
Old 08-22-2014, 02:41 PM
rockhillgt
3rd Gear Member

True...but he is so slow...only takes me 2 hours to his week
Old 08-22-2014, 03:18 PM
Widow Maker
5th Gear Member

You're pretty smart for a young whippersnapper!!!! LMAO
Old 08-22-2014, 05:59 PM
SHOHORSE
5th Gear Member

The reason it takes me a week is because it can. The reason you do it in two hours is because you have to. I'm looking forward to Monday so I can sleep in...Again!!! lol See you tomorrow, travel safe.
Old 08-22-2014, 06:11 PM
RedDrop00
2nd Gear Member

Tried the clay bar on a few spots of the car today. After moving the wing back, there are lines visible where it used to sit. Hoping the clay would help pull it up as washing and bug and tar remover had zero effect. No luck with the clay either. Per Clint's recommendation, probably going to need to buff them out. Not that it matters too much, in reality, as the whole paint job is in horrid condition. Still... those lines really draw the eye. Just makes an existing negative that much more negative.

Going to go ahead and clay bar the rest of the car tomorrow before heading out to Lincolnton. Trying to get every ounce of color and shine I can out of the ol' girl. Had plans on getting a new paint job next spring but Clint keeps trying to talk me out of it in favor of a supercharger. Thanks Clint. Peer pressure... what a pain in the *** lol.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:00 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by RedDrop00
Tried the clay bar on a few spots of the car today. After moving the wing back, there are lines visible where it used to sit. Hoping the clay would help pull it up as washing and bug and tar remover had zero effect. No luck with the clay either. Per Clint's recommendation, probably going to need to buff them out. Not that it matters too much, in reality, as the whole paint job is in horrid condition. Still... those lines really draw the eye. Just makes an existing negative that much more negative.

Going to go ahead and clay bar the rest of the car tomorrow before heading out to Lincolnton. Trying to get every ounce of color and shine I can out of the ol' girl. Had plans on getting a new paint job next spring but Clint keeps trying to talk me out of it in favor of a supercharger. Thanks Clint. Peer pressure... what a pain in the *** lol.

Go out and plasti-dip the whole trunk lid lol.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:48 PM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

Originally Posted by RedDrop00

You might try wet sanding it with 1500 then 2000 and then buff it. Worked pretty good when I did mine.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:52 PM
Tribefan
2nd Gear Member

Looks like I'll be the only one at the Sam Wilson Rd area. I'll probably leave home around 2:00 to be there a few minutes before 3:00. Looking forward to meeting up with you guys. Hopefully the rain holds off so that we get a good turnout.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:01 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Y'all have fun..........I'll be going up and down the mountains in Virginia....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lincolnton cruise-in Aug 23rd