Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

4th Annual Grand Stand Mustang Stampede

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 10:02 AM
Tribefan
2nd Gear Member

Ok, a few questions as I try to determine if I'll be able to make it to this and if so, what I'll be doing:

1.) Is everyone heading home after the show ends at 4:00, or is there something going on after the show that people are spending Saturday night there too and coming back Sunday? Since it looks like I'd be coming alone, I'd probably just head home after the show and save the money of another hotel night.

2.) Are there any hotels that you guys particularly do or do not recommend? I'm not at all familiar with the area and I'm going to need to keep it on the cheap side, but I don't want a dump.

3.) If I go, I'm going to take Friday off (I think I'll be sick that day. /CoughCough/) but don't know yet what time I'd want to leave. Other than Travis, who is going down on Friday and when? Depending on the time and where you'd be coming from, I wouldn't mind riding down with someone if the timing works out.

Last edited by Tribefan; 09-28-2014 at 12:29 PM.
Old 09-28-2014, 12:01 PM
rockhillgt
3rd Gear Member

Im heading down Friday. I get off at noon and will leave as soon as I get to the house. So probably about 1230. There is the cruise in friday evening at burkys and the show saturday. My wife and I are staying until Sunday but will be doing our own thing after the show.
Old 09-28-2014, 12:21 PM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

We are heading down Friday morning, hoping to be gone from the Hickory area NLT 0900. We are staying Saturday night, the group usually does a dinner somewhere. We usually have a good breakfast and hook up with others leaving Sunday morning.

We are staying at the Holiday Inn Express beside Broadway. The host hotel is the Fairfield, directly beside the HI Express.

Not sure what time you are planning on rolling out but you are more than welcome to drive down with us.
Old 09-28-2014, 05:15 PM
Tribefan
2nd Gear Member

I think 9:00 will be too early for me because if I go, I'm going to have to drop my dog off at my aunt's house so they can watch him while I'm gone and I don't really want to bother her that early. And if she can't watch him for some reason, I probably won't be coming. His health isn't great so I don't trust him with anyone else but her.
Old 09-28-2014, 05:44 PM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

No problem John, I am at least an hour from Carowinds. I live above Hickory. If something changes let me know. Sending you my cell # via PM.
Old 09-28-2014, 05:53 PM
Tribefan
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by alan0614
No problem John, I am at least an hour from Carowinds. I live above Hickory. If something changes let me know. Sending you my cell # via PM.
Thanks Alan. And I'm about 45 minutes from Carrowinds. I live in Monroe. I just met Travis and Steve by Carrowinds yesterday to make things easier for them so they wouldn't have to add a stop somewhere else to meet up with me.
Old 09-28-2014, 05:59 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

I would like to come down for the whole weekend, but I don't think we have a place for Maxx....We may have to come down in two vehicles and bring Maxx with us.
Old 09-28-2014, 06:16 PM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tribefan
Thanks Alan. And I'm about 45 minutes from Carrowinds. I live in Monroe. I just met Travis and Steve by Carrowinds yesterday to make things easier for them so they wouldn't have to add a stop somewhere else to meet up with me.
It's just about as fast for us to go thru Monroe as it is down 77. We'll see how the week goes. Maybe we can work out something.

Originally Posted by Sleeper_GT
I would like to come down for the whole weekend, but I don't think we have a place for Maxx....We may have to come down in two vehicles and bring Maxx with us.
Hope you guys can make it, miss the ladies. And like GT500 Steve said, kinda miss you too.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:46 AM
Tribefan
2nd Gear Member

Ok, I'm in! I'll be dropping my dog off at my aunt's house in Waxhaw Friday moring (time still TBD). I will be heading home right after the show though because I don't want to have to bother them too late to pick him up.

Now I just have to lock down a hotel room.
Old 09-29-2014, 11:38 AM
rockhillgt
3rd Gear Member

plenty available...not like mustang week. glad ya coming john.

Quick Reply: 4th Annual Grand Stand Mustang Stampede