Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

4th Annual Grand Stand Mustang Stampede

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 04:04 PM
Tribefan
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by rockhillgt
plenty available...not like mustang week. glad ya coming john.
I'm glad too. Looks like my uncle is going to be joining me so I won't be leaving until he gets home from work, which should be between 12:00-12:30 timeframe.

He's the one responsible for my Mustang addition (he had a Calypso Corral1970 Boss 302 that I was obsessed with as a kid) and when my aunt told him why I was going to have my dog stay there while I'm at the show, he called and asked if he could join me. Lol.
Old 09-29-2014, 04:23 PM
SHOHORSE
5th Gear Member

Glad you're going to make it John. Should be a great time.
Old 09-29-2014, 04:46 PM
Tribefan
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, I'm pumped. Partly because I was still able to get the show rate for the room even though it said you had to book it by 9/2. So I saved $30 there!

Question about the show itself: I see earlier in this thread where it is asked who is entering into to the show and who isn't. Do they have a section that's judged and a separate section for people who just want to park in the show but not be judged? If so, I'll probably skip being judged since my car would be pretty boring among all the others. Any idea what the typical turnout is for this?
Old 09-29-2014, 05:05 PM
Tribefan
2nd Gear Member

Well, today my missing wheel was finally shipped from American Muscle and I also just ordered a Roush front splitter, so my car will look a little different for the show this weekend, assuming everything gets here on time. Which it should. I wish I had more money to spend so I could order some stripes and a Boss 302/California Special rear splitter...
Old 09-29-2014, 05:55 PM
rockhillgt
3rd Gear Member

Nice john. Everyone wishes they had more money lol. Well changed my hotel to stay at fairfield inn at broadway so the wife can get up and walk over when she awakes lol
Old 09-30-2014, 09:44 AM
SHOHORSE
5th Gear Member

John...Last year you were either in the show or parked outside of the show as a spectator. Last year I think everyone in the show won some kind of award. Not me, I thought my car wasn't clean enough to be in the show so this year, I'm in. Lot's of stock mustangs there last year plus you should have new wheels so put her in the show.I don't have any idea how many cars were in the show last year, but it did fill most of the Hard Rock Café parking lot.
Old 09-30-2014, 10:53 AM
rockhillgt
3rd Gear Member

The flyer says over 200 awards awarded...so as long as there are less than 200, you are a shoe-in John...Steve you may need to ask to make sure there arent 201+ lol
Old 09-30-2014, 10:53 AM
Tribefan
2nd Gear Member

I will definitely enter my car. I should have the wheels and front splitter I stalled as long as they arrive in time. I forgot to order my brake caliper paint and Brembo stickers though. DOH!
Old 09-30-2014, 10:55 AM
rockhillgt
3rd Gear Member

I wouldnt worry about it too much John, with the gt500 wheels, you cant see the calipers that well anyways.
Old 09-30-2014, 11:10 AM
Tribefan
2nd Gear Member

Good point.

Quick Reply: 4th Annual Grand Stand Mustang Stampede