Help Request

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 04:43 PM
Order_66
2nd Gear Member

Default Help Request

Hey all.....

two questions....

1) looking at buying a 2014 GT, trading in my 2012. I prefer the LOOK of the 2014s to the 2012s and yes, even the 2015s. call me nuts. I cant find any real difference between the 2 performance wise or mechanically speaking....Im sure i am missing something.....what is the difference if any?

2) i feel downright foolish to ask....but i am not a tool guy. i put my efforts elsewhere....please dont laugh too hard, but I need help restoring my car to factory, which includes removing the airraid and installing the factory air and of course tuning back to factory with a Bama tuner. who can help me? i live between clayton and smithfield. and i will $$$ you.

thanks!
Ryan
Old 08-26-2014, 04:53 PM
BlindGUYnAR
2nd Gear Member

I'm willing to bet the service dept would do this for you for free as part of your trade deal.

Unless you don't want them to know about it which if they want to know the ecu will tell them so it doesn't matter if you tell them or they find out on their own.

Unless you have something real special in that 12 like it's special edition or something then their offer will be a standard offer anyway. Car not normally even required to be there in most cases.

Just tell them you want x done to it and the parts returned to you as part of the deal.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:06 PM
Order_66
2nd Gear Member

yeah, no way im telling them i had a tune....they will use it against me and offer me less. they are scumbags.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:47 PM
BlindGUYnAR
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Order_66
yeah, no way im telling them i had a tune....they will use it against me and offer me less. they are scumbags.
Their handheld ecu reader will tell them within 30 secs if you had a tune or not. If they are "scumbags" why do business with them? Pick a new dealership and build a relationship with them. Get to know the owner.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:04 PM
Order_66
2nd Gear Member

nah, i dont have time to get to know the owners.

by the time they know i have a tune, im gone baby. they arent going to hook it up prior to the paperwork.

im just looking for help. not understanding. this is a business transaction. if someone is local and wants to make a few quick $$ let me know.

i am interested in getting to know more members here. the ones i have met are cool guys. but its been two years and two surgeries for me and ive lost touch with them so im looking to come to some meets and hang out. just need a proper ride. not that my 12 isnt. i love it. just like the 14s a smidge better.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:08 PM
BlindGUYnAR
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Order_66
nah, i dont have time to get to know the owners.

by the time they know i have a tune, im gone baby. they arent going to hook it up prior to the paperwork.

im just looking for help. not understanding. this is a business transaction. if someone is local and wants to make a few quick $$ let me know.

i am interested in getting to know more members here. the ones i have met are cool guys. but its been two years and two surgeries for me and ive lost touch with them so im looking to come to some meets and hang out. just need a proper ride. not that my 12 isnt. i love it. just like the 14s a smidge better.
Sounds like a plan. I hope you find someone. Just don't let any jerk in there though as they could drop the MAF and damage it, strip screws on MAF, break a clip, break bolts, or yank out the cord from the programmer during the stock update.

The last could brick the car and the first can make it run like crap.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:30 AM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

Ryan,

Looking like you got some answers here! If there's anything we can help out with don't hesitate to let us know!

Alex
Old 08-27-2014, 09:08 AM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Sorry dude you're bout 5 hours away. Tune should be easy though. Hook it up and hit the return to stock option and follow the instructions. If you don't want to use the intake on the 14 I bet you could sell it local and get the buyer to remove and install the system.

As far as differences, oil squirter delete, slightly different pistons (allowed for the squirter delete) track apps on the premium models, then just the aesthetic differences. No real game changer performance enhancements.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:06 AM
Order_66
2nd Gear Member

thanks all...

yes i might be calling you Alex. Ill need a tune for my 14 if i get it.

will the oil catch can work on the 14?

and clowe, yes, im using my air raid on the 14! :-) I love that thing.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:11 AM
Order_66
2nd Gear Member

i feel bad but there was one guy who helped me before. he was military from Bragg I think. close with sleeperGT. i forget his name and i feel bad. he was working on starting a parts biz 2 years ago.....he was very helpful. id like to contact him. anyone know who im talking about? i feel ridiculous that i cant recall his name....i remember he had a bad *** white 2012 in his garage....was putting a supercharger on it....damn it....cant recall....

Quick Reply: Help Request