Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

Help Request

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 10:34 AM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Order_66
i feel bad but there was one guy who helped me before. he was military from Bragg I think. close with sleeperGT. i forget his name and i feel bad. he was working on starting a parts biz 2 years ago.....he was very helpful. id like to contact him. anyone know who im talking about? i feel ridiculous that i cant recall his name....i remember he had a bad *** white 2012 in his garage....was putting a supercharger on it....damn it....cant recall....
Jason, he's in Germany right now lol. His site is up and running though. Hypermotiveperformance.com

Not to shoot down BAMA but have you thought about getting a dyno tune? Make the drive to pro dyno in ft mill or piedmont motorsports in Raleigh. Big difference in driveability and peak numbers. You'll have to buy back into the tunes for life program with Bama anyway, or you can buy a mail order tune from Jason now too.

Your catch can will swap over too.

Last edited by clowe1965; 08-27-2014 at 10:39 AM.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:06 PM
Order_66
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by clowe1965
Jason, he's in Germany right now lol. His site is up and running though. Hypermotiveperformance.com

Not to shoot down BAMA but have you thought about getting a dyno tune? Make the drive to pro dyno in ft mill or piedmont motorsports in Raleigh. Big difference in driveability and peak numbers. You'll have to buy back into the tunes for life program with Bama anyway, or you can buy a mail order tune from Jason now too.

Your catch can will swap over too.
yes! Jason. thats it. thanks.

i need to get my head in the game.....take it to the dyno, then call bama and get the new tune? or skip bama, and go to dyno?

youre talking to a car moron here. i like to have a responsive spirited ride, but im not a wrencher. i usually slap on a CAI and upload a bama tune and call it a day.

would recommend another course?
Old 08-27-2014, 05:37 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Call either pro dyno on piedmont motorsports and set up an appointment to get a dyno tune once you've gotten the 2014. Tell them your tuner is currently paired to another car and they'll tell you what to do to get it paired to the new one. Then take the car, tuner, and Cai to whichever shop you want and have them install the Cai and tune the car. Pro dyno is $250 for just the tune, no idea what unlocking the device will cost, Cai install should be minimal, somewhere between 60-80 I'm guessing? If you go to pro dyno and let us know when you'll be there the crackerbarrel breakfast gang can show up.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:16 AM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

thanks all...

yes i might be calling you Alex. Ill need a tune for my 14 if i get it.

will the oil catch can work on the 14?

and clowe, yes, im using my air raid on the 14! :-) I love that thing.
OP-Absolutely. We had SR's Oil Separator Installed on Project Coyote and it's worked wonders. Shoot me a PM if you don't have our forums code and I'll get you setup!

Alex
Old 08-28-2014, 09:30 AM
rockhillgt
3rd Gear Member

yep, Jason Micallef at Hypermotive. Pro-Dyno is a great group of guys and shop to go to.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:00 PM
Order_66
2nd Gear Member

ok....so I bought a GT tonight. getting it tomorrow. couldnt resist 0%. plus those 15 are hideous to me.

I got them to give me a set of 19s off a cal special. well, they didnt have that car but there was a used 2013 with them on it and they are in perfect condition. so they gave them to me. i have to give them my 18s off the new car but i dont mind. they look a ton better than those terrible stock 18s to me. im wondering if my speedo will be off now? anyone know?

also, i need someone to help me put on my CAI and lowering springs and the good old fake hood scoop from AM. im not going to drill my hood. ill ruin it. i really need help and ill pay you! someone please....sleepergt im talking to you. can you help me? i mean, can you do it all and ill hand you wrenches and drinks and stuff and money too!

please i dont wanna take this to some shop and get raped on labor.

who can help me??
Old 08-28-2014, 09:02 PM
Order_66
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by clowe1965
Call either pro dyno on piedmont motorsports and set up an appointment to get a dyno tune once you've gotten the 2014. Tell them your tuner is currently paired to another car and they'll tell you what to do to get it paired to the new one. Then take the car, tuner, and Cai to whichever shop you want and have them install the Cai and tune the car. Pro dyno is $250 for just the tune, no idea what unlocking the device will cost, Cai install should be minimal, somewhere between 60-80 I'm guessing? If you go to pro dyno and let us know when you'll be there the crackerbarrel breakfast gang can show up.
you rock. thank you! and i will!!

however, ill go through AM to get my tuner paired to my new ride. you know, that warranty is serious business...plus ill make a mod or two and ill need those lifetime tunes from AM.

id like to get together with a local gear head like sleeper_GT. id rather meet and pay him for this minimal work. then ill take it to get tuned at the end of all the little add ons.

SLEEPER_GT where r u?

Last edited by Order_66; 08-28-2014 at 09:05 PM.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:13 PM
Order_66
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus
OP-Absolutely. We had SR's Oil Separator Installed on Project Coyote and it's worked wonders. Shoot me a PM if you don't have our forums code and I'll get you setup!

Alex
please PM me the 6% code. i have one from 2013....not sure if its dead or if i need a new one. need to place a order now.... as in right now! THANKS!
Old 08-29-2014, 08:42 AM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

The code should still be good.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:47 AM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

please PM me the 6% code. i have one from 2013....not sure if its dead or if i need a new one. need to place a order now.... as in right now! THANKS!
PM Replied! If for any reason it's not going through let me know!

Alex

Quick Reply: Help Request