Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

Detailing Talk

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 02:37 PM
Widow Maker
5th Gear Member

I just got some of that HD Epoxy, anxious to try it out to see what it does.... need to get a DA Polisher tho.... I ain't got that much "elbow grease" left in me!!!!
Old 09-29-2014, 02:40 PM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

Man, that's going to be killer on the blue!!!
Old 09-29-2014, 02:41 PM
Widow Maker
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by alan0614
Does anyone have the secret formula for cleaning glass? I usually leave a streak or three when cleaning.
I recently picked up some cleaning towels from WalMart the other day (said they were designed for windows) and after the first run on the windows I was really impressed... I usually make a mess out of the windows too. These cloths come in a two pack and are a waffled typed material, left no streaks whatsoever.
I have heard that detailing spray works pretty good on the windows as well.
Old 09-29-2014, 03:41 PM
rockhillgt
3rd Gear Member

i'll wait and see how you like the hd epoxy dana and then i'll decide to spend more money..I don't have a polisher either :/
Old 09-29-2014, 06:09 PM
DK Pony
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cema93
FWIW, i enjoying using this combo:

Surf city garage Pacific Blue wash

Meguiars Ultimate Liquid Wax

Surf City Garage Speed Demon Wax Detailer

The surface of the car doesnt feel like..a car. it feels so soft and silky smooth kinda weird. but this combo never fails with shine, depth, smoothness, and overall amazingness. plus it smells good

If you want to see pics of my car, feel free to go look on instagram. my username is: cema_93
I use a lot of the Surf City Garage Products and I have picked up different products from around the Country. .literally.
I found some at at Walmart locally..The Hot Rod Detailer to be exact. I really liked that so when I was in Cincinnati I stopped at a Walmart ( I drive a truck for those who don't know) and picked up some other things that aren't available in my area at Wally World.
So I have bought SCG products in Ohio, Louisiana, Illinois, Wyoming, North and south Carolina,
Texas and several others.
Once I use what I have I am going to start getting the pro grade stuff. I think I currently have around 25 bottles of different SCG products at the house.
It works well for me.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:08 PM
Widow Maker
5th Gear Member

I have been using that Surf City Hot Rod detail spray and was really impressed with it.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:19 PM
Grover_NC
3rd Gear Member

I have always had issues getting streaks out of the glass. I tried Invisible Glass and that stuff is worth its weight in gold.
Old 09-29-2014, 11:07 PM
cema93
2nd Gear Member

When I detail cars in my spare time, my secret, awesome, amazing, special chemically formulated solution to window streaks is...............water.

For no streaks on windows I simply get my drying towel, get the quarter of it that I am using to dry with slightly moist, then wipe all the water off the window and forget it. Never fails. Guaranteed to work. No chemicals to streak or smear. Just make sure the drying towel is slightly moist then wipe/dry the window. Never fails.
The slight moistness is for low friction.
Old 09-30-2014, 12:31 PM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cema93
When I detail cars in my spare time, my secret, awesome, amazing, special chemically formulated solution to window streaks is...............water.

For no streaks on windows I simply get my drying towel, get the quarter of it that I am using to dry with slightly moist, then wipe all the water off the window and forget it. Never fails. Guaranteed to work. No chemicals to streak or smear. Just make sure the drying towel is slightly moist then wipe/dry the window. Never fails.
The slight moistness is for low friction.
You missed a great opportunity to sell us dihydrogen monoxide and make a fortune. I will have to try it. Thanks for the cheap and easy tip.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:50 PM
Grover_NC
3rd Gear Member

Listen to Allen using all that fancy talk. Caldwell county boy making me proud. lol

Quick Reply: Detailing Talk