Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

Detailing Talk

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 08:24 AM
steel pony
4th Gear Member

EXCELLENT work there Alan!

I'll have to look into a few of those MF cleaning solutions once in the new place and the extra W/D is set up for that =)

At some point i'll post the SDS for the MF Solution, Laundry Soap and Dawn and explain the principals behind what they do, since these are the 3 mostly widely used types of MF towel cleaners
Old 12-31-2014, 08:45 AM
Widow Maker
5th Gear Member

Placed my order...can never have enough microfiber towels!!!
Old 12-31-2014, 08:57 AM
Tribefan
2nd Gear Member

Ordered a Foamaster foam gun and a bottle of Optimum Car Wash to use in it. Can't wait to get it and try it out.
Old 12-31-2014, 09:04 AM
rockhillgt
3rd Gear Member

I ordered the California Duster combo as I didn't have one. I also got the free air freshener on the free page lol
Old 12-31-2014, 11:01 AM
Tribefan
2nd Gear Member

Damn. I didn't see the free page. Luckily it didn't matter because my order wasn't over $95.
Old 12-31-2014, 11:22 AM
rockhillgt
3rd Gear Member

you get a free air freshener no matter how much you order hahah. I only got the California dusters.

Originally Posted by Tribefan
Damn. I didn't see the free page. Luckily it didn't matter because my order wasn't over $95.
Old 12-31-2014, 11:51 AM
Tribefan
2nd Gear Member

Oh well. Guess I'll just have to pay more attention not time I order from them.
Old 01-01-2015, 10:40 AM
steel pony
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rockhillgt
I ordered the California Duster combo as I didn't have one. I also got the free air freshener on the free page lol
Personally speaking here...keep the air freshener, throw that duster away!

California Dusters are perhaps one of the worst things you could ever drag across your car! Their purpose is to lift dirt, yes. They claim that the duster traps dirt, yes it does. They claim you don't need to clean it. bad, bad, bad! They claim "the dirtier it gets, the better it works". wrong, wrong, wrong!

The chemicals they use to treat the fibers on the duster do lift and trap dirt, but the more you use it, the more dirt gets trapped, the better the chance of the dirt going back onto you car. As the chemicals and parrafins used to coat the fibers deteriorate and break down (due to all of the dirt buildup), the duster starts to leave streaks and product on your paint...which is now full of dirt. You will then need to follow up with another towel and/or product to remove what the duster has now placed on your car, which of course means more chances for that dirt to grind back into your paint.

There is a better name for this product: California Micro Swirler

The California Duster came out at a time when lacquers and enamels were used to paint cars. Those paints were a lot more durable to elements, scratching, etc because they are more dense and were applied in thicker coats. Nowadays, the acrylics and clear coats are sprayed on so thin, that paint is more suspect to elements, peeling, cracking, fading, swirling and so on.
For those reasons, i would never recommend the use of a California Duster on a newer car
Old 01-05-2015, 07:53 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

I am so happy that you guys like that HDPoxy. I love that stuff! Just got another bottle the other day.

Over the weekend I went to wash cars and pulled down my gallon of Chemical Guys Signature wheel cleaner to refill my spray bottle only to realize that it had a hole in it and my 3/4 full gallon was now only 1/4 full. Sucks. I love that stuff.

Any input on how to get the baked on brake dust off the aluminum calipers on Jen's car?
They look pretty nasty.

Last edited by Jeffk; 01-05-2015 at 08:10 AM.
Old 01-05-2015, 08:17 AM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Elbow Grease, works every time.

Try getting a wire brush and going to town with 3 or 4 cans of brake cleaner?

Quick Reply: Detailing Talk