Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

Reflecting on 2014

Old 12-23-2014, 06:58 AM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Default Reflecting on 2014

What a year 2014 has been for our group and our country. We have had joys, Kevin and I welcomed granddaughters into our lives. I'm sure he, like me, finally realizes what everyone says about grandchildren.

We have had sorrow as we heard of our forum family dealing with death and illness. Thankfully we have a place we can post the issues we are dealing with and know there are prayers and positive thoughts being sent.

We met new friends and look forward to meeting others next year. This Mustang family is pretty special, I never expected a forum to have become this. The car shows, parades, cruise-ins and mountain drives were all pretty special. Can't wait for warm weather.

We raised more money for charity, Hospice and Community Care of Rock Hill last April. We are going back again this year in hopes of raising even more money for them. Giving back is a good thing, we all should do more of it.

2014 saw much unrest in our country and our world. Please keep praying and thinking positive thoughts for this world we live in. We still live in the greatest country in the world but we do need healing and direction to keep it that way.

2014 took some several notable people from us (some of you young guys may have to Google the names) - Robin Williams - such a great talent, James Brady - Reagan's press secretary, Joe Cocker - loved his style, Sid Caesar - funny guy, Oscar de la Renta, Bobby Womack - great blues singer, Ralph Wilson Jr. - Buffalo Bills, Shirley Temple, Ariel Sharon - Israeli Prime Minister, Pete Seeger, Mickey Rooney - great actor and starred in over 200 films, Joan Rivers - "Can we talk?", Harold Ramis - RIP Ghostbuster, Jeb Magruder - Watergate insider, Casey Kasem - American Top 40, Maya Angelou - America's poet, Philip Seymour Hoffman - a tormented talent, Tony Gwynn - greatest Padres player ever, James Garner - Maverick and Rockford, Phil Everly - half of the Everly Brothers and Lauren Bacall - such glamour. RIP all.

I hope all of you have a great Christmas, a Happy New Year and 2015 brings you nothing but great things.
Old 12-23-2014, 07:18 AM
rockhillgt
3rd Gear Member

This is a great thread Alan. I joined the mustang family this year and glad I met all of you...yes even you Steve .

Looking forward to what 2015 brings as I hope to sell my house and start building another(with a lift in the garage).

A whole lot went on in 2014 but glad I had some extra friends to help me laugh.

Hope everyone has a great Christmas, and I know we will raise a ton of money this upcoming April....

Originally Posted by alan0614
What a year 2014 has been for our group and our country. We have had joys, Kevin and I welcomed granddaughters into our lives. I'm sure he, like me, finally realizes what everyone says about grandchildren.

We have had sorrow as we heard of our forum family dealing with death and illness. Thankfully we have a place we can post the issues we are dealing with and know there are prayers and positive thoughts being sent.

We met new friends and look forward to meeting others next year. This Mustang family is pretty special, I never expected a forum to have become this. The car shows, parades, cruise-ins and mountain drives were all pretty special. Can't wait for warm weather.

We raised more money for charity, Hospice and Community Care of Rock Hill last April. We are going back again this year in hopes of raising even more money for them. Giving back is a good thing, we all should do more of it.

2014 saw much unrest in our country and our world. Please keep praying and thinking positive thoughts for this world we live in. We still live in the greatest country in the world but we do need healing and direction to keep it that way.

2014 took some several notable people from us (some of you young guys may have to Google the names) - Robin Williams - such a great talent, James Brady - Reagan's press secretary, Joe Cocker - loved his style, Sid Caesar - funny guy, Oscar de la Renta, Bobby Womack - great blues singer, Ralph Wilson Jr. - Buffalo Bills, Shirley Temple, Ariel Sharon - Israeli Prime Minister, Pete Seeger, Mickey Rooney - great actor and starred in over 200 films, Joan Rivers - "Can we talk?", Harold Ramis - RIP Ghostbuster, Jeb Magruder - Watergate insider, Casey Kasem - American Top 40, Maya Angelou - America's poet, Philip Seymour Hoffman - a tormented talent, Tony Gwynn - greatest Padres player ever, James Garner - Maverick and Rockford, Phil Everly - half of the Everly Brothers and Lauren Bacall - such glamour. RIP all.

I hope all of you have a great Christmas, a Happy New Year and 2015 brings you nothing but great things.
Old 12-23-2014, 08:28 AM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Not even half the names Alan...
Didn't get to do as much with everyone this year but hopefully this year I can get everyone down here for a boat christening.
Old 12-24-2014, 01:57 PM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

I know Clint, just hit the most known. Looking forward to the christening.

How many new cars did we see this year? Dana, Todd, Michael and Steve (Rhonda actually) are in new Stangs, Jeff and Chris got Jeeps, Chris got a Mini. We got the 65.
Old 12-24-2014, 03:35 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Love this place and the people. Even though we will be moving back home I still plan on staying up-to-date with y'all. We also plan on trying to make a couple events. With that said please have my "Who traveled the furthest" trophy ready....LMAO
Old 12-24-2014, 08:36 PM
lpcard
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by alan0614
How many new cars did we see this year? Dana, Todd, Michael and Steve (Rhonda actually) are in new Stangs, Jeff and Chris got Jeeps, Chris got a Mini. We got the 65.
Don't forget Josh and the Yellow Peril!
Old 12-24-2014, 08:49 PM
DK Pony
4th Gear Member

And the arrival and soon after departure of the GT/CS..sigh

Its been an interesting year for sure.

As Jimmy Buffett writes:
Yesterday's over my shoulder, so I can't look back there too long
There's just too much to see waiting in front of me
and I know that I just can't wrong

Looking forward to another year and many more GTG's. Great friends and good times!!

Last edited by DK Pony; 12-24-2014 at 08:53 PM.
Old 12-25-2014, 02:15 AM
kzonts
5th Gear Member

2014 was certainly an interesting ride on life's rollercoaster, and I'm sure next year will be another crazy one.

I really need to attend more events and hang out with the gang. There's quite a few newbies I haven't met.

I should be in the market for a car so we'll see how that goes, but sadly it probably won't be a 2015 Mustang. We'll see.

JJ - I'll donate my trophy from Fayetteville if you make it down next year :-)

Last edited by kzonts; 12-25-2014 at 02:23 AM.
Old 12-25-2014, 09:23 AM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kzonts
JJ - I'll donate my trophy from Fayetteville if you make it down next year :-)

HAHAHAHA....
Old 12-25-2014, 09:56 AM
Zodiac
5th Gear Member

It's been both an awful year and a great year. Life and health have been pretty unstable. Thankfully my dad is cancer free, hopefully for good. Thanks to the well wishes from everyone here. I'll be back by my 30th birthday. Although I may not be in NC then, we will see where the job takes me.

My job/career has been going fantastic. New year brought lots of changes (mostly good ones), $16k raise isn't too shabby, helps take care of the family so I'm happy for that.

I've never been a huge part of this group, but have had some good times and met some great people.

Thanks for 2014 and may 2015 be a better year.

Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, Happy Kwanzaa, Happy Festivus, Happy New Year, and if I forgot your holiday enjoy that one too.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Reflecting on 2014