Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

Reflecting on 2014

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2014, 11:30 AM
Widow Maker
5th Gear Member

+1 on that Alan.... it has been an interesting year!

I am looking forward to a lot of exciting things, great projects and a lot of great events for 2015. Hold my beer, this is going to be one h3ll of a ride!!!! LOL
Old 12-25-2014, 07:23 PM
steel pony
4th Gear Member

For me personally, the year has been a bit of a rollercoaster! I missed a lot of events due to bad timing, bad weather or both! It seems as I didn't get very far this year except back and forth to work and to Charlotte for the 50th. The year certainly has flown by!

With that being said, there is definitely more to look forward to in 2015!
A new house!
A new business!
Yard work!
House work!
Lawn mowing!!
Weeding!
Gardening!

PHEW!! is it 2016 yet??

So very thankful for the challenges and life experiences this past year, for all of the friends and family around me and the genuine joy they bring me! Hope to see all of you, soon as soon can be!

HERE'S TO A BRIGHT AND WONDERFUL 2015!!!
Old 12-25-2014, 07:29 PM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Another notable death was Truett Cathey, founder of Chik Fil-A. A great humanitarian with rock solid values.

Clark, this crowd works for beer and burgers. Maybe you need to schedule a GTG at the new place. LOL.
Old 12-25-2014, 07:44 PM
Zodiac
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by alan0614
Another notable death was Truett Cathey, founder of Chik Fil-A. A great humanitarian with rock solid values.

Clark, this crowd works for beer and burgers. Maybe you need to schedule a GTG at the new place. LOL.
Don't know about the whole rock solid values, he still had some archaic views on some topics. Great food though.
Old 12-25-2014, 07:45 PM
Zodiac
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by steel pony
For me personally, the year has been a bit of a rollercoaster! I missed a lot of events due to bad timing, bad weather or both! It seems as I didn't get very far this year except back and forth to work and to Charlotte for the 50th. The year certainly has flown by!

With that being said, there is definitely more to look forward to in 2015!
A new house!
A new business!
Yard work!
House work!
Lawn mowing!!
Weeding!
Gardening!

PHEW!! is it 2016 yet??

So very thankful for the challenges and life experiences this past year, for all of the friends and family around me and the genuine joy they bring me! Hope to see all of you, soon as soon can be!

HERE'S TO A BRIGHT AND WONDERFUL 2015!!!
Wow lots going on, congrats on the house I must've missed that one, new business too? Definitely a lot going on for you. Best of luck!
Old 12-25-2014, 09:15 PM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Zodiac
Don't know about the whole rock solid values, he still had some archaic views on some topics. Great food though.
I could see how many today would share your view Dan, but I think his belief in God, the family unit, hard work and at least a day off for rest to be pretty important.

I will agree, definitely good food and some of the most polite workers you will find. No accident.
Old 12-26-2014, 06:02 PM
steel pony
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by alan0614

At least give me time to build the smoker/grille! lol
Old 12-26-2014, 11:58 PM
Cobra4me
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Zodiac
What was archaic? Seems to me his values and beliefs are shared by millions? Was he too conservative for you?
Old 12-27-2014, 07:59 AM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cobra4me
What was archaic? Seems to me his values and beliefs are shared by millions? Was he too conservative for you?
He's too christian for him.
Old 12-27-2014, 08:15 AM
Zodiac
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sleeper_GT
He's too christian for him.
I wouldn't say that, in this day and age the whole homophobia and gay bashing is out dated. Time to move on, that's my biggest problem.

Like Alan said the family values and everything are great. Can't complain about that he did always take care of his employees.

Quick Reply: Reflecting on 2014