Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

Reflecting on 2014

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2014, 07:38 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

It's not gay bashing dude.....He's a Christian trying to live by the word in the bible. There is a difference between "Gay bashing" and believing that it is wrong. So check this out, I think it's wrong to be homosexual and I don't support it. I'm not saying I wouldn't be friends with someone who is gay because it's none of my business, that's between you and your maker. Do what you want, but don't hate me because I'm straight. What pisses me off is all the people who hate people for having pride in being straight....What's so wrong with those f*cking family values!
Old 12-27-2014, 09:37 PM
Cobra4me
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sleeper_GT
It's not gay bashing dude.....He's a Christian trying to live by the word in the bible. There is a difference between "Gay bashing" and believing that it is wrong. So check this out, I think it's wrong to be homosexual and I don't support it. I'm not saying I wouldn't be friends with someone who is gay because it's none of my business, that's between you and your maker. Do what you want, but don't hate me because I'm straight. What pisses me off is all the people who hate people for having pride in being straight....What's so wrong with those f*cking family values!
well said
Old 12-27-2014, 11:57 PM
kzonts
5th Gear Member

John. Does this mean our date night is cancelled? :-)

I've always struggled to understand why two men would get married, but I don't hate them. The hatred needs to be eradicated, but same sex marriage should not be portrayed as the new norm in my opinion.

I don't usually comment on stuff like this but it seems the media has been very one-sided on this subject lately.
Old 12-28-2014, 05:57 AM
kzonts
5th Gear Member

One last comment so that everyone knows where I stand. I try not to judge a person by their religious beliefs or the color of their skin. I judge them by their moral values and how they treat their fellow man.

Sorry to derail your thread Alan.
Old 12-28-2014, 08:28 AM
Grover_NC
3rd Gear Member

Well said Allen. Its been a good year for the Gragg family except for the one mishap but even that led to better things for the mustang. lol. With the new job im really looking forward to 2015. Having weekends and hollidays off will make time for more family stuff and mustang stuff. What im looking forward to most is my kid playing soccer again in the spring. I love watching how much fun he has playing and how much he learns as he plays. Also a new year means another mustang week!!
Old 12-28-2014, 09:20 AM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

That's funny Kevin...LOL

Glad it all worked out for you Craig and you'll get some family time.

Back to your regularly scheduled thread.
Old 12-28-2014, 08:28 PM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kzonts
John. Does this mean our date night is cancelled? :-)

I've always struggled to understand why two men would get married, but I don't hate them. The hatred needs to be eradicated, but same sex marriage should not be portrayed as the new norm in my opinion.

I don't usually comment on stuff like this but it seems the media has been very one-sided on this subject lately.
I don't understand the desire either, but don't hate them either. I agree the hatred needs to end, but it seems the media wants to propagate hatred at every turn. They focus on sensationalism and the news of the moment. We haven't heard anything of Ebola in weeks now. I saw this cartoon and it is pretty symbolic of our media.

Name:  B712B199-F388-4ED4-8329-7E58BE48DAF0_zpsihilor9w.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  88.9 KB

Originally Posted by kzonts
One last comment so that everyone knows where I stand. I try not to judge a person by their religious beliefs or the color of their skin. I judge them by their moral values and how they treat their fellow man.

Sorry to derail your thread Alan.
As it says in Matthew, "judge not, lest ye shall be judged". I have my religious beliefs and like you do not try to judge others on religion or race. Like you I do judge by morality and decency to others.

Originally Posted by Grover_NC
Well said Allen. Its been a good year for the Gragg family except for the one mishap but even that led to better things for the mustang. lol. With the new job im really looking forward to 2015. Having weekends and hollidays off will make time for more family stuff and mustang stuff. What im looking forward to most is my kid playing soccer again in the spring. I love watching how much fun he has playing and how much he learns as he plays. Also a new year means another mustang week!!
I hope the new job is good for you and the family Chad. You know Tyler set the bar pretty high this year, I remember two medals I think. Let's hope for repeat.

Originally Posted by Sleeper_GT
That's funny Kevin...LOL

Glad it all worked out for you Craig and you'll get some family time.

Back to your regularly scheduled thread.
You, Kevin, dating..............it just don't add up.

I think this is a pretty good thread, and consider it successful being that it got derailed. It started out reflecting on 2014 and we were able to get some religion and family values mixed in. Politics anyone??
Old 12-28-2014, 09:50 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

JJ I thought we had something special with that axle swap....guess not.

Kinda forgot about it but that same weekend we got the boat we made an addition to our family, she seems to have adjusted well and packed on 30 lbs to boot. I have 4 clear pictures but of course my phone decided to focus on something else when they were all looking at the camera.

Last edited by clowe1965; 12-28-2014 at 09:52 PM.
Old 01-05-2015, 12:10 PM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

spent half of it with a Mustang and the other half without. Made it to 1 Mustang family gathering but at least I can say that I was there the day Dana bought his RS3. So Mustang wise, I would call it a fail.

Family wise, Bryson started driving and actually has a girlfriend that he spends time with (maybe too much time alone). Jason finally stood up to his mother and her guilt trips as well as getting to experience attending camp at a school for the blind. Feeling like he belonged within a group did tremendous things for him.

Jen's parents sold their house and downsized while moving within 5 miles of our house. Good and bad. So far they haven't been very intrusive which is a good thing. They both seem very happy in the new place and are getting settled. Now her dad can maybe look to retire in the next year or two.

The sudden loss of a young family member right around the holidays was a harsh blow to her family.

Since I consider Mike and Debby to be family, her stroke was a shocking and scary event.

The Jeep life is fun. We've all enjoyed being out on the trails with it so I think it's here to stay. There's nothing like this Mustang family though.
Old 01-05-2015, 12:18 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Rough ride Jeff....

Glad the Jeep is working out...I keep thinking about a Jeep too.

Quick Reply: Reflecting on 2014