Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

Need Help! Again

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 04:47 PM
Vosker
2nd Gear Member

Default Need Help! Again

Unfortunately I haven't been able to get a car because of credit issues, but I have found a place that could work. They have a 2006 Mustang GT that has 104,000 miles on it. It has cloth seats, but not the original seats that came with the car. It has an automatic transmission, also Flowmasters. They are offering 11k. The only problem is it has a salvage title. The guy said they bought from auction, and the left fender was messed up on it and they fixed it and had it painted. ( they are a paint and body shop as well ) My mom said she wanted to talk to someone that knows more about this stuff, so this is why I came to you guys the Mustang Family! I'm not to sure if we should go for it or not.

Sorry for the long message!
Old 03-03-2015, 05:04 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

A dented fender will not total a car. $11,000 is way to much. The answer is no, do not buy it.
Old 03-03-2015, 05:09 PM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

Seems pretty high. They probably paid about $5000 for that car and spent a grand fixing it. Take a look at craigslist or cars.com to see what's available with similar options and mileage. You will be surprised.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:16 PM
Vosker
2nd Gear Member

well I don't have very many options because of credit issues, but I haven't had any luck finding any.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:34 PM
bravobravo
1st Gear Member

seems fishy. id stay away especially at that price.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:04 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Here is the deal with salvage cars. Sometimes it doesn't matter if it is a rare enough car, this one isnt. So what you have to do is 1. Be prepared to spend money you will never see again and 2. Drive the car till it cost more to fix than its worth. Also never take a loan out on a salvage title car unless you really really want it and you can afford it and have very good job security because you won't be able to sell it quick close to the asking price. Salvage cars usually sit on craigslist for 1-2 months. Pass on this one.

Have you considered a wrangler? Lots of those in the sub 10k range.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:48 PM
Vosker
2nd Gear Member

No I haven't considered one, but I want a V8 I don't know if it's a V8 ( not very familiar with jeep ) I want something sporty with of course the v8 exhaust note. I want to stay with the Mustang Family, but I guess i have to expand my options.
Old 03-04-2015, 06:41 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

Or you could work on building your credit and then buy what you really want instead of hurrying and buying something that you don't want.
Old 03-04-2015, 07:00 AM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Exactly.....
Old 03-04-2015, 07:35 AM
Vosker
2nd Gear Member

Well that's a good idea but the only problem with that is it takes time and thats something we don't have. We're without a car. ( my mom and I shared my mustang ) so it's coming down to very little options, but I'm gonna try to get more info on the car today because the guy I talked to didn't seem like he knew what he was talking about