Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

Spring dragon cruise

Old 02-16-2015, 04:36 AM
Siber Express
3rd Gear Member

I'll keep a watch on this one, and yes Alan Cherohala is much more fun than the Dragon.
Old 02-16-2015, 05:59 PM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Hello Ken, how in the heck are you?
Old 02-16-2015, 06:19 PM
Tribefan
2nd Gear Member

I'm down for whichever one you guys think is more fun/enjoyable.
Old 02-16-2015, 07:00 PM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

I'd really like to try to make whatever you guys decide on. Haven't had a chance to take the new suspension on some curvies yet.
Old 02-16-2015, 10:39 PM
Siber Express
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by alan0614
Hello Ken, how in the heck are you?
Doing good Alan, would be a lot better if we didn't have 1 1/2 inches of sleet on the ground on top of the freezing rain with the snowflakes starting to fall now. How's thing at your end?
Old 02-17-2015, 06:23 AM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tribefan
I'm down for whichever one you guys think is more fun/enjoyable.
If you haven't driven the Dragon, don't miss a chance to do so. It is definitely a bucket list road. People travel from all over the country to drive it. It's a great area, blessed with some amazing roads.

It just depends on how much driving you want to do in a day. We did the Dragon and Cherohala in one day, spent the night in Robbinsville and worked our way home on Sunday. Some prefer to drive the Dragon out and back, some multiple times. Cherohala has some nice curves and tops out just over 5,500 feet overlooking NC and TN.

I have never driven 28 into SC, it looks more like a one-way trip ending just above Clemson. That could be a nice Sunday morning drive home.

We have to stop at Fontana dam for pics. It is a really cool dam, about 400 ft tall. It is also a good bio break before the Dragon. We also meet our TN freinds there. Ken usually drives the Dragon over to meet us and takes it back to go home.

We left Hickory as a group, met others in Asheville, had lunch in Waynesville and then made our way to the dam and finally the Dragon. After a full day of driving and dinner we got the conference room at the Microtel to watch GoPro videos and share an adult beverage or three.

If you are prone to consuming adult beverages you will need to bring your own, Graham county is dry. Clint had to make a 60 mile round trip to buy beer the first trip. Jeff and Gentleman Jack became really close friends on one visit to the Dragon. Great times, great memories.

Originally Posted by Siber Express
Doing good Alan, would be a lot better if we didn't have 1 1/2 inches of sleet on the ground on top of the freezing rain with the snowflakes starting to fall now. How's thing at your end?
We dodged the freezing rain part, lucky. It was pretty much all sleet here. We are good, I travel all the time any more. We have a 10 month old granddaughter who is just wonderful.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:35 AM
Tribefan
2nd Gear Member

Well, it looks like me, Daniela and a few of my cousins will be doing a family trip to the Dragon the weekend of April 25th & 26th. We'll have 2 Mustangs, a Dodge Ram 1500 sport truck, and a VW Golf R or something like that. Maybe one or two other vehicles as well. So, speaking only for myself, I'm fine with doing something other than the Dragon on May 2nd if you guys want to, but I'll do whatever the group wants to do. Just tell me where to be and when and I'll be there!
Old 02-18-2015, 10:38 AM
Shellback
4th Gear Member

Looking forward to whatever becomes the drive . . . .
Old 02-19-2015, 11:27 PM
alucard3600
1st Gear Member

If I am not working, I'll go, I have been wanting to try it out.
Old 02-20-2015, 06:29 AM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

If I'm in town I'm in for whatever and wherever.......

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Spring dragon cruise