Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

Need Help! Again

Old 03-06-2015, 06:15 PM
bravobravo
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Vosker
Awesome and my mom does I don't shes going to teach me which actually I really want to learn.
its all timing and feel and dont worry about stalling. it happens.
Old 03-11-2015, 11:05 PM
Jim74656
1st Gear Member

hey, not sure if your looking at a car still, but if you have any friends with a standard trans that would be willing to help you learn see if they might be able to teach you, as for the car if your mum can drive standard and you both like the car gofor it, just do what I would do, learn all I can about the car and mechanicals and tear into it, I got our mustant (the one in my sig) for pretty much half off the asking price they wanted $10K with title tax, license, and other fees but I tore into the car and found a host of issues and said I will take the car today but I want the car for X amount and I am not budging off that, thats taking into account the issues I found and the cost of repairs which I am factoring in for your shop to do.

they agreed to my terms and we got the car and issues fixed (it had an exhaust leak).

I understand your maybe not the best of possitions with credit, neither am I but remember if they want your money they will work with you and your mum on the purchase, if not you have the power to walk and your money will tell them your answer.

Wish I was closer to you also, I would help you with driving a standard trans too...and look at the car with you and help you find all that needs fixing...best of luck to you!
Old 03-12-2015, 07:48 AM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jim74656
hey, not sure if your looking at a car still, but if you have any friends with a standard trans that would be willing to help you learn see if they might be able to teach you, as for the car if your mum can drive standard and you both like the car gofor it, just do what I would do, learn all I can about the car and mechanicals and tear into it, I got our mustant (the one in my sig) for pretty much half off the asking price they wanted $10K with title tax, license, and other fees but I tore into the car and found a host of issues and said I will take the car today but I want the car for X amount and I am not budging off that, thats taking into account the issues I found and the cost of repairs which I am factoring in for your shop to do.

they agreed to my terms and we got the car and issues fixed (it had an exhaust leak).

I understand your maybe not the best of possitions with credit, neither am I but remember if they want your money they will work with you and your mum on the purchase, if not you have the power to walk and your money will tell them your answer.

Wish I was closer to you also, I would help you with driving a standard trans too...and look at the car with you and help you find all that needs fixing...best of luck to you!
If I still had my truck I'd do that but not gonna happen on my mustang lol.

Search this Thread