Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

Considering a move to Winston-Salem, NC

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 06:44 PM
JimC

Looks like you will be seeing us this fall!

Sellers accepted our last offer - it was our final and if they rejected we were going to move on to one of the back ups. Now to get the home and pest inspections done and hope we get a clean report.

We set the closing for July 24 and my wife plans to move by fall. I will be working still for several months here in Michigan before joining her down there. That gives me time to get my NC law license in place (can't believe that they want $2,000 to do the license on reciprocity from Michigan) and get everything in place to take on mediation cases too.
Old 06-02-2017, 05:41 PM
Zodiac
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JimC

Sellers accepted our last offer - it was our final and if they rejected we were going to move on to one of the back ups. Now to get the home and pest inspections done and hope we get a clean report.

We set the closing for July 24 and my wife plans to move by fall. I will be working still for several months here in Michigan before joining her down there. That gives me time to get my NC law license in place (can't believe that they want $2,000 to do the license on reciprocity from Michigan) and get everything in place to take on mediation cases too.
Awesome and congrats. Welcome to NC. Be careful if it rains everyone goes into panic mode.
Old 06-03-2017, 09:15 PM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Congrats Jim. Hope it all works out for you and Pat. Let me know when you are back in town.

Originally Posted by Zodiac
Awesome and congrats. Welcome to NC. Be careful if it rains everyone goes into panic mode.
What? Panic mode in rain? Haven't seen that one.
Old 06-04-2017, 07:59 AM
JimC

Thanks, I'll let you know when we are back. Probably won't be until the closing. My wife wanted to be there during the inspections, but I don't know how we can make that work right now - we are down 2 people at the office with another person retiring in 3 weeks and have not had any luck finding any replacements. So the work is falling on the 3 officers still here, with me getting most of it because I'm the attorney in the office and they want someone with my background handling the estates and complicated trusts.
Old 06-04-2017, 10:14 AM
Zodiac
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by alan0614
Congrats Jim. Hope it all works out for you and Pat. Let me know when you are back in town.

What? Panic mode in rain? Haven't seen that one.
Can't quite tell if you are being serious or sarcastic.
Old 06-04-2017, 07:55 PM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Zodiac
Can't quite tell if you are being serious or sarcastic.
Somewhere in between I guess.

I can only imagine rain in the RDU area, as much traffic there is to deal with. Has to be a biatch.
Old 06-05-2017, 06:31 AM
JimC

Sounds like rain driving is like the first snow here in Michigan when everyone forgets how to drive in it for a day.

Although I'm sure that a snow day in NC will be an experience too!
Old 06-05-2017, 05:18 PM
Zodiac
5th Gear Member

Sounds like rain driving is like the first snow here in Michigan when everyone forgets how to drive in it for a day.

Although I'm sure that a snow day in NC will be an experience too!
Yeah except it's every rain storm. Probably a bit different out where you will be.

The snow day in NC is an experience for sure.