Central MT, WY, CO, ND, SD, NE, KS

Sad sad forum

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 12:19 AM
mattwilliams
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Sad sad forum

white93 gt - no sorry man i dont know any tranny shops around here. Ill ask some of the people i know over at the college if they know any. Also does anyone know what kind of noise restrictions we have here in CO? I am looking at an SLP loudmouth cat back, but i dont want to get pulled over every 5 minutes.
Old 11-24-2004, 04:44 AM
TheAntiRice
2nd Gear Member

White, I don't know of any tranny shops, but we have alot of performance sponsors that could probably hook you up. I'll check around for you, let you know if I find anything good. Matt, as far as noise restrictions go in Colorado, many people have really loud exhaust (magnaflow, glasspacks etc.), just stay out of WOT in town as much as possible. Of course, most of the front range has emissions, so if you go with an offroad h-x make sure it can be unbolted pretty easily.
Old 11-26-2004, 05:08 PM
bluestang15

I'm from good ol' nebraska. The land of no opportunity and unlimited boredom. [sm=icon_flaming.gif]
Old 11-26-2004, 05:36 PM
mattwilliams
1st Gear Member

^^^ I used to live in Iowa and that is a perfect explanation for it
Old 11-29-2004, 01:07 PM
mattwilliams
1st Gear Member

does n e one know where i can pick up a mustang rim for cheap around the ft collins/loveland/greeley area? i slid into a curb sideways trying to get home yesterday and busted one of my rims all up. i dont care if it is scratched or not, i just need something in decent shape. I dont know where any junk yards are around here either. Any help would be very appreciated!
Old 12-02-2004, 01:56 AM
ckthecerealkiller
2nd Gear Member

The only really heavily reliable place I would trust with my tranny around here that is an actual shop, would have to be the Aamco transmissions there is one in Ft. Collins at 3737 South Mason Street 80525-3056. Go to http://www.mapquest.com/directions/m...?bCTsettings=1 and type your adress on the left and the adress said earlier on the right. and you get perfect directions.
Old 12-02-2004, 04:52 AM
TheAntiRice
2nd Gear Member

Bluestang, where at in Nebraska? I've lived in Kearney, Sutton, Shelton etc. and I have alot of family in Nebraska. Matt, don't know of any place where you could get a used rim for a stang around here, there are some junk yards on 85 like your going to Thorton I think?????????? I'll sell you my 96 cobra rims cheap, lol

Throw your Donut on there, that would be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-04-2004, 09:37 PM
mattwilliams
1st Gear Member

Well as it turns out I dont only need a rim. I need the rim, tires, and $3200 worth of work done to the rear end because of that curb. I slid sideways into that curb at liek 10 or 15MPH. screwed it all up. The car has been sitting at that Ford dealership on college just south of Ft. Collins. Spradley Barr? Maybe thats the name i dont remember. And yeah i drove it up there with the donut on there....talk about traction problems..hahahaha
Old 12-04-2004, 10:43 PM
TheAntiRice
2nd Gear Member

Matt- That's terrible!!!!!!!!! What did you break to justify a $3200 repair bill. I have come close to nailing the curb before, when you get into a slide the rear end just sucks itself into the curb. If you drivetrain, diff and what not are screwed you might has well replace them with performance parts, I'm shocked that sliding into a curb could cause that much damage. Good luck
Old 12-05-2004, 01:01 AM
mattwilliams
1st Gear Member

the dealership told me that i bent the axel, messed up the rear housing, and screwed up some bearing. I would love to be able to just go ahead and replace everything that is broken with high performance parts, but since I am short on $$$ right now, and my insurance is covering the damage, Im stuck with OEM for now. I have been stuck driving a minivan around latley. It sucks, but its transportation. On a side note I am also trying to set up a trip down to bandimere this comming spring. I want to see what the I can do, as does my friend with an IROC. Also another guy I know with a turbo cavalier is comming, too. If there is anyone up here that wants to have a kind of convoy down there You are more than welcome to come. We could go to the test and tune, then later maybe hit a hooters or something like that. Oh and antirice - thanks for the wish of good luck...but my friend put it best when he said that if i didnt have bad luck i wouldnt have any luck at all.

Quick Reply: Sad sad forum