Central MT, WY, CO, ND, SD, NE, KS

uninsured motorists SUCK

Old 03-13-2005, 12:22 AM
jlshelby

Default uninsured motorists SUCK

so I had my car only a week and then some moron scraped the side of my card...just a minor indent on the passenger rear panel and scrap around the wheel well...nothing really major...anyone have any expertise on auto body repair as this is seriously disappointing and definately want to get it fixed asap.

James
Old 03-13-2005, 12:33 AM
ckthecerealkiller
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: uninsured motorists SUCK

I am sure my dad would trade yah the work for a ride in the 05. Is it a ding, actual dent or just a heavy scratch???
Old 03-13-2005, 01:12 AM
jlshelby

It looks like someone punched the side panel like knuckle indents on one part and then around the wheel well it has the pain scraped off. I'm wondering if I can't just get a prepainted rear panel and have it installed as they appear to be around $250 or so. I want it to look new.

I figured that would be easiest if ford would sell that in the windveil blue rather than have an auto body fix? but I'm not sure what the best solution is. so looking for advice...

Old 03-13-2005, 02:20 AM
jlshelby

Here is a pic of the rear fender...its minor..but damn annoying...I think I'm going to have the whole side replaced so its "new"

[IMG]local://upfiles/13995/C89C8F6013C943A5A4173CAC91D866C2.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-13-2005, 02:42 AM
TheAntiRice
2nd Gear Member

Sorry to hear that man, did you actually witness it happening? An uninsured motorist can get hauled off to jail in Colorado, and you can easily win the money to have it fixed. If somebody punched it, I hope you say it and gave them a little punishment. If anybody laid a hand on my Mystic, I think I would snap. Hope all works out for you, beautiful car. later
Old 03-13-2005, 02:46 AM
jlshelby

Back in 1993 my ranger got hit six months after I bought it...I got the guy, took him to court and due to his dad being a cop, I got no money and jack due to the aparments were on private property...I even had two witnesses...after going through that I figured it would be easier to get a painted rear fender attached rather than mess with it...even if he goes to jail there is no guarantee not to mention I would lose more by taking a day off and going to court...

I just have no idea of what this would cost, I see 2005 hoods for $320, fenders for other mustangs for about $250 so I'm wondering what ford would charge to replace it...since its so minor there is no other damage than that part and I would consider it new again in my book.

I don't have a good understanding of auto body repair places and how they could paint match it to look right which is why I would rather pay extra to ford to have a painted one shipped and replaced.

Comments, suggestions?

Thanks
James
Old 03-13-2005, 03:17 AM
TheAntiRice
2nd Gear Member

If the piece that was damaged in a place that a body kit would be applicable I would say check that out, get it painted factory match and call it good. I have a feeling you will pay a premium for a new rear fender right now, with the 05 being so new, aftermarket for fenders probably doesn't exist. I don't even have an estimate of what it might cost, but dealer price is usually at least 20% markup on what the item would cost if there was an aftermarket for it. I know Casper98gt (a member on this board) works at a ford dealership as a tech, he could probably inquire for you, and see what they are marking them up. Good luck, suck that something that beautiful already got messed with. Later
Old 03-13-2005, 03:19 AM
jlshelby

yeah, its not really that noticable but damn annoying...I really want it new again and will probably pay the dealer price just to be done with it.

Thanks
James
Old 03-16-2005, 11:56 PM
jlshelby

$1100 should be good as new on friday =)
Old 03-18-2005, 01:53 PM
95cobragirl
2nd Gear Member

dont feel bad bro...ive had my cobra for 4 years...not a dent not a scratch....i move up here....some biotch hits my car pulling into the parking space right next to me...i come out to get in my car and she is like sneering at me...im like WTF is this chick's prob...anyways make a long story short she hit my car and didnt tell me...now i have about a 8in scrape on the passenger rear quarter panel above the wheel....no dent... just white paint scratch...it can be buffed out but i was still pissed...grrrrr....jenna

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: uninsured motorists SUCK