XENO, does amazing work. Can you do the same for me?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 07:31 PM
Lorenzo

Originally Posted by Xeno
lots and lots and lots..... ..... ..... and lots of practice

i took a couple of photoshop/illustrator classes a long time ago, so i got a good base understanding on how to photoshop; then i kind of taught myself through online tutorials and from tutorials from some of the other mods here on the forum. i've only really used photoshop, and that's the program i've stuck with; but if you're interested in doing something like this there are a couple of excellent, free photo editing programs out there if you wouldn't want to spend the cash on photoshop.

welcome to the forums, and whenever you want a sig after your 20 post mark, make a thread, let us know what you want, and we'll hook you up
Thanks for info Xeno. I may take some photoshop classes like you did. Maybe on the summer when I get the time. My cousin is also good at designing stuff but he always kept it to himself. He won't even admit using photoshop or taking photoshop classes. I always wanted him to teach me but for some reason he likes it when he can do something I can't. But at the same time he won't even design good stuff for me, he just makes me stuff that looks like someone's lazy work. I checked the photoshop prices and damn their expensive. Are you a graphic designer or just doing this for fun?

Also about starting a thread, for some reason I can't start one. It says my account has not been activated yet?
Old 10-15-2010, 07:51 PM
Xeno
'Dr. X'

i more or less just photoshop for fun; i've considered starting my own business but demand is rather low in my area... so instead i'm going to grad school (i'd rather have a job, though ). i use older versions of photoshop or student versions, so the cost is rather low.

a good free photoediting is called GIMP; i think it has a fairly similar layout to photoshop, and compares probably to cs3 in terms of 'editing power'. as far as tutorials, google is the best way to find some good tutorial sites.

as for your account, i'll check with the admins to see what's going on; it's probably just saying that because you are still a 'new' member or you are trying to post in a section that isn't 'authorized' for you yet (some sections have a 50 post/1 month time period before members are allowed access).

Last edited by Xeno; 10-15-2010 at 07:54 PM.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:50 PM
Xeno
'Dr. X'

Originally Posted by Lorenzo
Also about starting a thread, for some reason I can't start one. It says my account has not been activated yet?
everything for you account-wise should be functioning properly now
Old 10-18-2010, 01:50 AM
Lorenzo

I started searching and I saw that Youtube have good photoshop tutorials. I just have to get the program and have the time. Thanks for helping me on my account but I think you may have given me early access to Off Topic section lol. Some guys there are wondering how I can post with less than 50 posts.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:06 PM
Xeno
'Dr. X'

^^ yeah, normally i think there is a 50 post min before OT is available to members, but the admins went ahead and gave you full access. be careful in OT, too, some of the guys and gals like to eat new members for breakfast
Old 10-19-2010, 11:30 AM
Lorenzo

haha thanks for the tip. I had a feeling it is that way too, like sharks infested water. Just as long as I don't say anything stupid.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:47 PM
Xeno
'Dr. X'

sometimes, actually, even if you do say something smart... they'll turn it around

...it's happened to me before