CJ Pony Parts We carry Ford Mustang parts for every Mustang built from 1964 to present. CJ's has everything you need to restore your Mustang or make it the performance & aftermarket styling machine you always dreamed of!

Coming Soon, 03/04 Cobra & Bullitt Upholstery

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 10:20 AM
Steve@CJPP
Former Sponsor

Exclamation Coming Soon, 03/04 Cobra & Bullitt Upholstery

A few months back I donated my seats to Waylon over at TMI for R&D in hopes of reproducing Bullitt foam and upholstery. I also helped in finding some harder color combos for the 03/04 cobras, well it looks like we are in the final stretches. The 03/04 cobra set ups are being finalized over at TMI and yesterday I got a photo from Waylon. My back seats are done. I added my one touch to it by making my inserts Titanium Gray as I wanted to have something different.

I am hoping to have my fronts done next week and see my seats back in my car by the end of the month.

The good news for you guys is we already carry what you need for your SN95 to redo the foam and upholstery but now you'll be able to get Bullitt or Cobra seat if you are tired of those old V6 or GT seats you have. All you'll need to do is order the i.e. Bullitt foam (front and back seats) and the upholstery in your desired color and use your current frame and bam you have Bullitt seats in your car.

No worries you Mach 1 owners they are working on those too so we'll have you "Covered" from 94-04 for all your upholstery needs. Stay tune here for news on these being available here soon.

Last edited by Steve@CJPP; 02-09-2012 at 10:37 AM.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:29 AM
Steve@CJPP
Former Sponsor

Update as of 3/19/2012:

Originally Posted by Waylon TMI
Hey Guys -

Mach 1 pattern for upholstery and mold for foam is 100% done.
- only catch is: the original Linkweave Insert material is not available, we'll be offering the insert in perforated leather to match the rest of the interior. We'll also be offering this and the Bullitt in other custom interior colors. Meaning, if you have a Med. Parchment GT - you can now get Med. Parchment Bullitt or Mach 1.

BULLITT - will be done today. Keep an eye on CJ Pony Parts as the will be the first to have this upholstery available as the OP provided us with his personal seats. (thanks Steve!). This will be available as original down to the perforated inserts. But can also be done in custom colors/materials.

03/04 Cobra - pattern and foam is done, simply waiting on a material match for the felt like material that is used on the inner lower section of the front buckets. It's a small thing - but we're picky!! These seats will be available 100% as original with the Alcanatara Suede as well as a cheaper option using a reproduction Unisuede. We are also licensed to reproduce the Cobra logo

01 Cobra - have a set coming in, uses the same foam as the Bullitt so we'll only need to pattern the upholstery. Should be done end of April. And YES - you will be able to get 03/04 Suede colors in the 01 Seats

Mystic Chrome - we came across the LAST 20 hides of this FORD ORIGINAL material - and will be releasing a VERY limited run of either Front Buckets or Full sets - no ETA on this just yet but it will be widely advertised and covered in Magazines, Facebook, forums, and our website!

No pricing is available even as a ball park on any of the items above - but I'll be sure to post it as soon as I get it.

Please feel free to follow us on Facebook in order to stay up to date on each of these products releases as they happen at the link below:
TMI Classic Automotive Interiors | Facebook
Old 03-22-2012, 10:03 AM
Steve@CJPP
Former Sponsor

I repeat, there is NO pricing available yet on these. Got the message my seats are done which means the Bullitt's are done and should be available here at CJ's soon.

Once I get my seats back (I would imagine next week) I will shoot them in and out of the car. So here is my seat in my color combo and then the Bullitt seat in the OE color.