CJ Pony Parts We carry Ford Mustang parts for every Mustang built from 1964 to present. CJ's has everything you need to restore your Mustang or make it the performance & aftermarket styling machine you always dreamed of!

Unhappy with customer service

Old 03-23-2013, 01:00 AM
RRCobra

Default Unhappy with customer service

I've ordered parts from CJ Pony parts on two separate occasions and both times customer service proved to be incompetent.
The first time these sent me the driver’s side inner fender when I clearly ordered the passenger side fender that suffers from the rusted out battery box. I even discussed the problem with the CS guy and ordered related components.
This last, and I mean last, order was bungled from the start. I ordered (online) the new 1969 Mach 1 sport R series upholstery and added the seat backs to go with it. I called the next day to check on the seat backs because it wasn’t clear to me that they would fit the Mach 1 seats. The guy says, “Yes they’re the correct ones but you don’t need them because they come with the upholstery.” Great I say then please delete the seat backs from my order. For the next two months I contact them once a week asking for a shipping tracker or shipping estimate. I get nothing for two months but “They should ship soon” Each person I talk to says that the seat backs are still order and each one promises to have them cancelled. The upholstery finally arrives and to my surprise they do not come with the seat backs so I call the manufacturer, TMI who says, “ oh we don’t make the Mach 1 seat backs because they are plastic and we don’t want to spend money on tooling. I call CJ to tell them the info they should already know and ask them to see if they can get a measurement on the SB’s I had on order but cancelled. The guys says sure, I’ll call you back tomorrow. Well of course he does not call me back so I call him and he tells me he has shipped the seat backs to me. So I say fine then please send me a tracker number maybe the SB’s will fit so let’s try it out and oh... thanks for doing the exact opposite of what I asked. Well nobody can find a tracker%# or any info at all so I get yet another CS on the phone who is supposed to get me a tracker # by the next day. He sends me an e-mail saying that the seat backs have now been cancelled. Funny my credit card company said I paid for them 2 ½ months ago. My email asking for a credit to my visa has been ignored. Looks like I’ll have to sick my visa people on them to get my money back.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:37 AM
Steve@CJPP
Former Sponsor

Sir, can I have your information (PM me) so that I can see what exactly went on here?
Old 03-29-2013, 03:22 AM
RRCobra

The invoice is #11493626. Not only did I not get what was promised, seat backs included with the upholstery, I was charged for the additional pair that took 2 months to cancel.
I had to call my credit card company to get the refund.