Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

Here's a picture of my engine bay, where is yours?

Old 10-08-2008, 08:19 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

Originally Posted by ozarks06
The plugs on the 4.6L are on top, under the coil covers!
I didn't know that.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:02 PM
arix

damn those are some nice cars! I just got back my 1968 mustang coupe that my dad gave to me at the age of 15. I'm glad he took it away as it has not been wrecked but needs some tlc, i hope it comes out like these!
Old 10-21-2008, 05:30 PM
fb72stang

Before panel replacement. We've replaced both front inners and the rad support:

Shot it with self-etching primer and also with Eastwoods Underhood Black. This was done from an HVLP gun and not a rattle can.
Old 10-22-2008, 05:15 PM
rdeor
1st Gear Member

Default Engine bay

428 CJ in my 67 Fastback

Old 10-23-2008, 10:35 PM
67Thunder

Originally Posted by rdeor
428 CJ in my 67 Fastback

Nice looking engine. I have a simlar set up, except for some cooling issues. What radiator are you running, if you don't mind me asking?
Old 10-24-2008, 08:08 PM
rdeor
1st Gear Member

Default Picture

Originally Posted by 67Thunder
What radiator are you running, if you don't mind me asking?
3 row Griffen works nice, I have cooling issues as well.....
Old 10-26-2008, 08:07 PM
67Thunder

3 row Griffen works nice, I have cooling issues as well.....
I am adding a pair of 12" pusher fans to the radiator. I am hoping that settles the cooling issues down.

So far I have had to replace a brand new high flow thermostat that failed. I added a stocker then drilled three small holes in the top of it.
The stock fan clutch was NFG. I also had a rad cap that held no pressure.

Lots of fun
Old 10-28-2008, 06:08 PM
rdeor
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 67Thunder
I am adding a pair of 12" pusher fans to the radiator. I am hoping that settles the cooling issues down.

So far I have had to replace a brand new high flow thermostat that failed. I added a stocker then drilled three small holes in the top of it.
The stock fan clutch was NFG. I also had a rad cap that held no pressure.

Lots of fun
All the same things here (t-stats, clutch fan, water wetter coolant etc.) I bought fans (pull) but never installed. I am trying to keep the stock look. What type of over heating are you dealing with? The only time I have issues are on very hot days (live in Phoenix) in traffic, never had it boil over but have had temps in excess of 220 - 230. It will sit and idle for hours and will run down the freeway at about 180. My tech says a pusher would work for me as well. Good luck with yours. I'd be curious to see how it turns out. Your project looks really nice, I checked out your videos. How far are you from completion?
Old 10-29-2008, 12:26 AM
67Thunder

All the same things here (t-stats, clutch fan, water wetter coolant etc.) I bought fans (pull) but never installed. I am trying to keep the stock look. What type of over heating are you dealing with? The only time I have issues are on very hot days (live in Phoenix) in traffic, never had it boil over but have had temps in excess of 220 - 230. It will sit and idle for hours and will run down the freeway at about 180. My tech says a pusher would work for me as well. Good luck with yours. I'd be curious to see how it turns out. Your project looks really nice, I checked out your videos. How far are you from completion?
Completion? I think it will be a while yet. This car argues with me every step of the way. Everything that should go easy is hard. What should be a 15 minute job takes 3 days

Having to haul the engine out and rebuild it, has killed the paint budget and more :P

I am not holding hard and fast to deadlines but I am hoping to have all the mechanical issues, drivetrain, cooling, tune up etc all completed before the springtime.

maybe by spring I'll have saved enough money up for final paint.

Keeping my fingers crossed - there's not very much of the original car left.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:19 PM
NvrSumR
1st Gear Member

Here's the latest on mine. Still not finished though.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Here's a picture of my engine bay, where is yours?