Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

This makes little sense.

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 11:29 PM
Nabster
3rd Gear Member

Default This makes little sense.

Why am I now having to click into two forums to see all the threads pertaining to our classics? I see this one is general discussion, but why are threads directly related to the classics being moved here while others aren't? What makes a question about a trim package different than a question about a part upgrade?

Threads not involving the mustangs getting moved here makes perfect sense, but others just don't. In the 05+ section for example I see all sorts of questions about specific things that have a dedicated subsection within that section. What makes us special that we get to deal with two different forums?
Old 12-16-2008, 12:41 AM
83glx5.0
2nd Gear Member

Youve got a tech section and a general discussion section.

No diff from the 5.0 general and tech sections, or the v6 general and tech....
Old 12-16-2008, 12:48 AM
Gun Jam

At first I thought this was for general /OT stuff (I though eveyone was asking for a classic O/T section and I thought this was it) so it made sense...but I see that its not for O/T just mustang only stuff...at that point I didn't see the objective of it or why it was worth all the fuss. I was going to ask but my "Yeah whatever" attitude got the better of me yet again so I didnt bother to ask...I see i'm not the only one.

-Gun
Old 12-16-2008, 09:46 AM
blue66mustang
2nd Gear Member

That not half as aggravating as accidentally touching a hyperlinked "common" word on the site and getting an advertisement for a CHEVY or Toyota P.O.S. This is a Mustang site ..at least make them FORD related!!!! WTF ???
Old 12-16-2008, 10:52 AM
fakesnakes
4th Gear Member

Yes, those hyperlinked words are very annoying! Frankly, I view this as the dumbing of America. I guess we are too stupid to look them up ourselves if we need them and the last thing I need are more ads!!!! Put them in the banner and side bar where they are still annoying, but don't get in the way (yes, I realize they pay for the site, but keep them out of the text!).
Old 12-16-2008, 11:40 AM
Nabster
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 83glx5.0
Youve got a tech section and a general discussion section.

No diff from the 5.0 general and tech sections, or the v6 general and tech....
So, questions about a trim package aren't technical? Or body work? Or general modifications? Maybe I'm just not getting it, but why isn't this subforum called the Classic Appearance section if that's what they're using it for?

Second... those of you who are getting popunder text ads with certain words, I'm betting you're using internet explorer. If it is indeed an issue with the site, try firefox, and if they're still there then get the Ad-Block Plus add-on for firefox. The only single ad I get with firefox and ad-block is one for tirerack at the top right of the page (which I could even right click and opt to block as well), nothing else at all. Alternately, it's possible you're getting them because of a toolbar you have installed in your browser.

Last edited by Nabster; 12-16-2008 at 11:45 AM.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:16 PM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

At least here at MustangForums you can disable the Vibrant advertising popups. On some forums you cannot. I think the option to suppress this is buried somewhere on the screen that pops up when you click on the question mark. Every once in a while I have to stumble through it again.

Firefox is not an option for my computer at work, and I'm not nearly enough of a computer geek to risk screwing up my home internet and email connectivity and have to learn a second system just to install it there.

Norm
Old 12-16-2008, 12:37 PM
Gun Jam

Thumbs down Nevermore...

Wow I totally forgot how bad those green underlined words pissed me off. Firefox totally cuts the crap....I forgot they existed...Now I fired up Internet expl0rer to see what i have been missing. Wow. To think this whole I have been a ***** for the [adv3rtising compani3s Mr. ad blocker] who take my TEXT and MY words and HI-Jack them.... FOR THEIR PROFIT!!!! For the first time in years my "yeah whatever" attitude is being shed and the sweet burn of hate is replacing it...I like it....

NEVERMORE...shall they hijack MY words.
NEVERMORE...shall I be their bitch

Make no mistake it not vengeance I seek ....its the reckoning.

-Gun

P.S from now on my buddy here --> is going to protest the green underlined ads with me..Whenever those jackers try to take MY words and use them for their profit they are going to have to answer to my little friend. I can take a lot of abuse, I am a smart understanding person...But if I think someone is crossing the line feelings are going to get hurt. I don't go off half cocked I choose my battles wisely and only once did I offend a person who didnt deserve it.... VIVA LA RESISTAUNCE!

Last edited by Gun Jam; 12-17-2008 at 11:39 AM.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:19 PM
HGC
4th Gear Member

I posted some my Mustang threads here since they were not actually tech in nature, such as the photo today of the car leaving for paint. Nothing tech about it but I wanted to share it so I figured this was the place.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:49 PM
4reboy
5th Gear Member

Tech is for stuff like "how do i do this?" or "HELP what's wrong with my car" stuff like that

General is stuff that is not tech, but still somewhat relates to classics. This has a wide range such as just showing pics of what you did, paint jobs, or just funny things you find involving classics.

I like it

Quick Reply: This makes little sense.