Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

Serious Question / Serious Answer

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 03:54 AM
4reboy
5th Gear Member

I blame the breakfast pastry

but i have seen some dumb posts here that are like "uh ok that was helpful" but there are usually others that input in the thread to even it out
Old 12-18-2008, 09:33 AM
fakesnakes
4th Gear Member

I know he is annoying to some, but I find the "breakfast pastry" entertaining, with a twisted sense of humor that I admire. Unfortunately, he has also gotten under the skin of some other members I respect.

I always appreciate the response delivered with a little humor over the dry one and every once in while the way something is worked makes my mind take a tangent. I also find that threads on this forum tend to stay on topic more than in some other forums I frequent. That said, I have little use for nonsense posts when a serious question is asked. No matter how ridiculous the question!
Old 12-18-2008, 09:41 AM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

i like the breakfast entree too he ok with me the internet is serious business.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:48 AM
ThanksDad
3rd Gear Member

This wasn't about the " breakfast entree". His posts are funny and informative at the same time.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:43 AM
Carlos Pineiro
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ThanksDad
I hope I don't get flaming hate mail for this but I have a suggestion. If you read a thread with a serious question don't answer with a stupid post that doesn't answer that question.

I come here looking for advise and information. It's really a pain and a waste of time to see a post that applies to something on your car and then have to read through 10 B/S responses.

Maybe I'm in the minority on this but I know other people feel the same way.
I agree.

People who do this don't just do it once in their lives, they do it all the time, until a mod catches up with them. I have little tolerance for idiots. The easiest thing to do is scroll right past them.

This forum has a rather large membership, compared to most, so their will always be posters like that. The mods are on top of PMing people when they become repeated offenders of posting policy. Some sites don't, that's why they only have a small cliquish group of trolling imbeciles who spend all day out-jerking each other.

Bring on the serious questions. There are plenty of members here with real responses.

Also, talking about people in third person in a subversive manner is just as rude (unless you're 5), especially when it's obvious. There aren't many consumable posters in the world, lol. Let them be.

CP
Old 12-18-2008, 11:50 AM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

Originally Posted by ThanksDad
This wasn't about the " breakfast entree". His posts are funny and informative at the same time.
not all of them are.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:27 PM
fast65
5th Gear Member

I usually try to be as helpful as possible and I usually only reply if I can actually help (disclaimer: previous statement does not apply to OT section). I also find posts by the "breakfast entree" to be really helpful while still retaining a certain level of entertainment, although that's not to say that 100% of them fall under that category.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:26 PM
4reboy
5th Gear Member

I didn't mean to start making this about the breakfast pastry, I like the guy and joke around with him, therefore what I put was a joke
Old 12-18-2008, 01:30 PM
nassaubayman
3rd Gear Member

While reading this post, my first thought was "Soaring", our former moderator. That guy had a real knack for adding some useless smart-alec remark to a post, especially when frustrations were high. When I responded that his remarks were neither appreciated nor useful, he'd tell me I need to lighten up. Meanwhile I'm dealing with something like..... my engine is hanging from a hoist only to find out the motor mounts sold by the local O'Riellys won't work on my '67 Coupe. But its ME who needs to lighten up and get a chuckle out of his smart-a$$ comments.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:49 PM
SJs 66coupe
4th Gear Member

I know about the thread that brought this one into being. The original question was not completely stupid but for whatever reason folks took it that way and decided to mess with the guy. My guess is you won't hear back from him again.

We all run across things like that at times. I posted a question about how to adjust my quarter windows a while back and the only reply I received was some smart a## remark about taking a hammer to the glass. Needless to say that wasn't so helpful. My guess is the poster knew how to adjust the windows but didn't share the info just the smart a## remark. Would have been really bad if some dumb a## had read the reply and thought it was a serious suggestion instead of just being a bung hole.

Not a big deal really, I have posted many other questions and gotten good info to help me along in reply at other times....and by the way I later figure out how to adjust the windows by reading the shop manual.

On a totally unrelated note....nice to see ya Nassau. Are you going to look into getting a replacement Stang anytime? Market is sure a good time for it right now.

Last edited by SJs 66coupe; 12-18-2008 at 01:52 PM.

Quick Reply: Serious Question / Serious Answer