Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

Bleeping FedEx

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 03:56 PM
SJs 66coupe
4th Gear Member

Default Bleeping FedEx

Ok, so I have been dragging my feet on installing a new instrument bezel and lens because I decided to order the LED gauge lights. Mine are horrible and you can't even really read your gauges at all after dark.

I checked the tracking this a.m. and FedEx said it would be here today. So I am thinking cool, perfect timing I will put them in along with the other new parts this evening.

Well turns out they had suite 200 instead of 300 and rerouted it for delivery on Monday. Could the dude not have called my number on the package to realize he was only one floor down?

Totally screwed up my plan for what to work on tonight. I have a couple of other things that I can work on the Stang but sure threw a wrench into my plans.

I double checked my pay pal and invoice and that had the correct address so I don't know how they got the wrong address on the package.

I called FedEx and the guy gives me some lame brain line so I simply asked why I had to wait when they f*cked up. He gives me some lame a** attempt at an apology like they give a rip if you ever see your package...he was probably some outsourced guy in some call center in India or some place anyway.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:02 PM
snorulz
2nd Gear Member

could be worse, i am still waiting for a package that was sent on the 12th usps parcel post. The way parcel post works in this area it could be another two weeks. I sent a package to a town 45 minutes away and it took 35 days! I hate parcel post!
Old 01-23-2009, 04:13 PM
Iskwezm
4th Gear Member

Our UPS guy is so lazy he doesnt even verify the street.Theres a street a couple of from me and he ALWAYS delivers my packages up there. I have lost over $1,000 because the scum that lives there keeps the boxes. I finally caught the driver before x-mas and asked him what the problem is.He said "oh sorry man, were usually in a hurry, just call the company you bought it from and they should reimburse you.Hopefully it was nothing personl" .I was hot at this point and went off on him.

the senders take a long time to reimburse too. One took me 4 months and fought me the whole time.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:24 AM
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

I use to work at ups every shipping company are kinda crappy.I seen things kicked around thrown.The guys in the trucks have a tight time frame to do everything and they rush.If you got a good mail man try us mail next time if its not too big they are slower tho.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:19 AM
gwb16
2nd Gear Member

Ahhh FedEx!!! I bought a Transmission off of Ebay, dude shipped it FedEx...no biggie right? Yea right....they delivered my C-4 TCI Super Street Fighter, with the reverse valve body.....dropped it on my car port concrete slab, dropped it so hard I might add that they BROKE a big old chip out of my concrete slab and BROKE the flange bolt hole ear off of one point and cracked the casing in about an 8" long location. It was insured...big WHOOP! I paid $600 for a NEVER used $1100 tranny, they paid the $600 but refised to reimburse me the $79 shipping charge. So after MUCH b1tching and complaining they agreed to "give" me the damaged tranny back....I figured good deal there, I could take the guts out and put in my original C-4....but alas, doesn't it figure that they "lost it", can't find it, have no idea where it is.....lesson learned on my part. I REFUSE and will even CANCEL an order if my only option is FedEx. My UPS delivery man is awesome, had the same guy for about 13 years now...he calls me the day before delivery to let me know he's delivering, especially if it's a big ticket item.

Oh and it took me a mere 4 1/2 months to get my money back....screw FedEx - FedEx? NEVER again for me!

EDIT - almost forgot, the mealy mouthed fugger that dropped it, talked $h!t to my old lady when he came back to pick it up....he wasn't happy with the way I had repackaged it, so I was THERE when he came back by to pick it up....he wasn't such the tough guy with me standing there.... as a matter of fact he was pretty much a whipped a$$ when he showed back up. I even talked a bit of smack to him, asked him if wanted to mouth off at me liked he did my wife....punk wouldn't even look me in the face.

Last edited by gwb16; 01-26-2009 at 10:22 AM.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:27 AM
SJs 66coupe
4th Gear Member

Yeah, they say it is coming today and all I can say is it better f-ing making it today.

This past weekend would have been a great time for me to get the stuff installed...provided they would have delivered it on Friday but they didn't.

Last edited by SJs 66coupe; 01-26-2009 at 10:41 AM.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:35 AM
goldhillstang
1st Gear Member

Fed-Ex sucks!!! That's one of the reasons I no longer order parts from CJ Pony Parts.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:55 AM
remicks
4th Gear Member

I agree I don't like FedEx. They don't seem to give a **** compared to UPS. My front door opens to a rather visable area with tons of people going by, FedEx will just drop the package, rarely even knock on the door, just leave the package out there for any passerby to pick it up. Where UPS so far everytime I'm not there to answer my door will walk around back and leave the package in the bed of my truck or in the corner by the garage door where people can't just see it. The UPS guy was even nice enough to toss a package under my garage door once when I left him a note asking him too. I have yet to meet a bad UPS guy but then again I have yet to meet the bad FedEx people. Hard to when they just dump and run.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:26 PM
SJs 66coupe
4th Gear Member

Well, would you believe that FedEx is sending my stuff back to the shipper?

Yep....I called them on Friday and corrected the address. We have a schedule were about every 8 days we all have to take a turn eating lunch in to verify someone is here.

Today FedEx claims delivery was refused and they are returning it to the shipper.

I call FedEx and to make matters worse I get some Queen Latifah type "let me tell you somun..." type of attitude because she "didn't like my language" when I asked her "what the hell address are you trying to deliver to"

Do NOT ever use FedEx. They screw things up, cop and attitude when you get in their face about it and do zero to make an honest effort to deliver your package.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:49 PM
chillininnh
2nd Gear Member

Big difference between Fed-Ex and Fed-Ex Ground. The ground trucks are independently owned, the incompetent drivers these businessmen hire leave much to be desired in many cases. I'm sure they get no benefits and little pay, making for a disgruntled douche handling your precious parts.

Last edited by chillininnh; 01-26-2009 at 07:48 PM.

Quick Reply: Bleeping FedEx