Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

How much do you think this would cost? (disc brake plumbing question)

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 10:33 AM
lunarweasel
4th Gear Member

It sounded high immediately CPR, thanks for your info as well. It's nice to get some perspective. Cali should be higher than most places as well, at least more than Northern Ohio in a VERY small town.

Im going to go for it on my own, and if for some reason I have to go to him, I will make sure to play a little hardball on the price.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:08 PM
65rangoon
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by lunarweasel
65 rangoon,

That was an extremely helpful post. Thanks for your time.
not a problem, i try to help with my 2 cents when i can as i know ive asked plenty of questions myself. cant expect answers all the time if you arent willing to help out someone else haha.

The prebent lines do come with the "intermediate" line with 1-2 "shipping bends" in it. they are probably a 14" diameter bend and only there so they can use a 3-4' long box instead of 10'long box haha.

i just carefully and easily started to work the bend out by hand and then put it on the ground and used my foot to kind of roll it out.

replacing all the lines make its very easy in a sense that you can just use a pair of side cutters and cut the original line at the end (if you are replacing the rubber hoses as well). saves you some grief/hassle of trying to feed the old lines out.

that also helps because then when you go to put the new lines in you arent fruastrated already so it makes putting the new ones in easier if you ask me haha