Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

Interior Kits

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 10:17 AM
bbass

Default Interior Kits

Hi,

I'm new here and am restoring a 67 convertible. Thinking about ordering an interior kit. Anybody purchased one they liked...or didn't like. Also interested if anyone has tried to match leather seats with original colors.

Thanks,

BB
Old 03-20-2009, 03:02 PM
Adrenolin
5th Gear Member

I know a number of people here have purchased the Laurel Mountain Mustang kits on eBay. Give them a call and might get a better deal. The biggest thing I've found and heard is to buy your interior matching items (upholstery, dash, door inserts, pillar pad, arm rest, head liner, etc) from the same supplier as there are different manufacturers for these and the color tones could be mismatched from different vendors.

I skipped the 'kits' and bought all my matching stuff from NPD along with 4 bolts of their vinyl. Everything has matched nicely and I'm happy with the quality.

Not sure what you mean about matching leather seats with original colors. Are you looking at different seats but want them to match the rest of the interior? Black is the easiest & cheapest interior color choice for this. However you can buy bolts of vinyl from NPD that match the original interior colors (2009 catalog Page 37; $49.95 per bolt; each bolt is 54"x72"). Could always buy the bolts and have a tailor or upholstery shop do the seats.

btw.. Welcome to the forums!
Old 03-20-2009, 03:11 PM
Joe67
Banned

Lauren Mountain Mustang Kit FTW
It has absolutely everything you need, even if you want to change interior color (besides paint)

at just 700 bucks it well worth having everything new inside for a fresh clean flavor,
also there was nothing wrong with my upholstery and i would not want to have an upholstery shop do it, i did it myself and looks great